cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code changes are not reflected in Portal when activities are activated through NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

NWDI Transports are failing: we are unable to see the changes moved via NWDI Activities i.e. Even after releasing the activities.

Earlier we were facing the same issues with local deployment through NWDS tool as well (unable to see the changes) but then it got resolved and we are able to view the code changes post deployment through NWDS tool.

But the issue is now appearing for NWDI. Please be informed that we've recently configured NWDI in our landscape.

In our case, Activity is activated and released successfully but code changes do not get reflected in Portal.

We are on NW Portal 7.4 SP 06 and NWDI 7.4 SP 06.

Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

BR,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Please check CBS, is there any dirty or broken dcs and also check physically your portal server whether your changes are present there.

Can you please also confirm about what changes (war files...ec) your are doing.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies.

Actually we were doing the changes in FSCM components and activating the activities but they did not have any deployable results. When we checked the CBS for the activation request, we got the clue.

Actually, deployment has to be done via IS/UCES/EAR component.

After deploying IS/UCES/EAR component, we are now able to see our changes in Portal.

BR,

Anurag

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the ear is depending on the dc you changed, the ear will be recompiled by the nwdi automatically. in my memory it will trigger a internal cbs request.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what's your configuration now? how many runtime system are configured for the track?

if i am not wrong, by activation, you should see your change in dev server. releasing activity, nothing will be deployed. you  have to import the activity to consolidation from CMS to see your change in qa server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

We've just configured Dev server in the runtime system.

And yes, after activation, we should be able to view the code changes as auto deployment is enabled after a successful activation.

Releasing an activity is just for transporting the changes to the next server.

BR,

Anurag

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the log to see what is happening when you activate a activity.

i assume you know where to check