cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error from subreport when the main report does not return matching records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have a subreport that returns the following error  when the main report does not fetch matching records.

Failed to execute query:  'There are prompts required.'. Redesign your query or contact the data source maintainer to solve the problem.

The subreport is linked to the main via Subreport Filters. I  notice that the error happens when the subreport link property for "Optoinal prompt" is turned off (unchecked). So I tried turning on the "Optional prompt" .This time the report does not come back with the error messag but the report does not stop running either, therefore I had to terminate/cancel it from running.

I am  using SAP Crystal Reoirt for Enterprise version 14.1.

Please advise. Thanks

Eleonor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update regarding this issue. A colleague of mine pointed out the menu (while on the subreport) Edit -> Report options -Suppress printing if no records. Also taking care that the "Optional prompt" property on the subreport link is turned off (unchecked). This fixed the issue for me. Hope this helps others.

Answers (0)