cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery progress using a script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was thinking about ideas to check the recovery progress, is there a way we can check the recovery progress?

Backup.log gives the information, has anyone tried to collate the info into a script , any ideas pointers would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can check the backup.log after starting the recovery. It will give you the complete information about the recovery like log position and log volume and data volue e.t.c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavan,

Request you to please read my question, i had already posted that we can check from backup.log.

I wanted something else like in other databases we can do where we can track progress.

http://scn.sap.com/people/martin.frauendorfer

Martin any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am only aware about progress monitoring via backup log or indexserver trace file. I must admit that also with Oracle I am only aware about progress monitoring via alert log.

A recovery is normally a rare operation and so the manual monitoring via log files is usually sufficient.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Actually we were looking for something like in DB2, where we monitor the restore and recovery progress.

HANA it doenst make sense since we would be restoring files and not like db2.

What do you suggest martin?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no DB2 knowledge and I am still not convinced that there is a high demand for this kind of feature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Martin, i just thought if we could track the progress since while recovery we cannot query right.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello guy,

I wonder if note 1944098 - Missing recovery progress in SAP HANA Studio Recovery Wizard can give you some hint about this recovery progress script.

It mention that Monitor the progress of the running recovery. Look for entries such as: "RECOVERY RECOVER DATA started", "RECOVERY progress of service", "RECOVERY state of service", "RECOVERY RECOVER DATA finished"

Maybe you can grep such entries in backup.log and let them shown in your script output.

For example of the output:

2014-07-29T14:09:11+08:00  P032094 14780bca203 INFORECOVERY RECOVER DATA started

2014-07-29T14:10:08+08:00  P032094 14780bca203 INFORECOVERY progress of service: indexserver, hosta:32003, volume: 2, 22% 4294967296/19438673920

2014-07-29T14:09:11+08:00  P032094 14780bca203 INFORECOVERY state of service: nameserver, hosta:32001, volume: 0, RecoveryExecuteCatalogRecoveryInProgress

2014-07-29T14:21:16+08:00  P032094 14780bca203 INFORECOVERY RECOVER DATA finished successfully

Regards,

Ning Tong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ning,

Appreciate your response. One question if we start grepping for the terms how are we going to manage. Its not one service right. Many services too many to stuff to display right.

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello guy,

Can you just filter the current progress for the given service indexserver, nameserver, xsengine, statisticsserver and discard other unimportant information. (To be frank, I am not good at script, sorry about that ).

Regards,

Ning Tong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ning,

No sorries please you are trying to filter.

Will think of a way to do that.

There are many other topics related to hana production support i would be posting.

Can you please answer them if you have time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to note 1642148

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash,

Are you sure about the note, thats an FAQ note.