Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to partner <server:port> broken-SAP Transaction Iview

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing a problem while accessing workbooks through SAP Transaction iview from Enterprise portal. Everything works fine in D and Q. After transporting to P portal, all workbooks shows attached error message. I have given port as 32xx, but in error message I can see that port has been taken as 33xx. Why the auto assignment of wrong port happens? Is it the reason for error?

I have chosen SAP GUI for windows for creating iview. Any difference if I take SAP GUI for HTML?

Let me know your views. I am struggling since the issue happened in P portal. Quick help would be appreciated.

Many thanks !!

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NikHil,

Check the iview with preview from content administration. (maybe there is a confusion).

Please check right system alias is configured.

Please check system landscape configuration in portal, check all fields where you have assigned 33xx. Are they are the right fields?

There can be also a cache issue.

Please restart all portal P servers and try again. That can be if you made a mistake and fixed it later, but the error is still in the cache.

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Moshe,

Thanks for the response.

Iview preview works in development portal and also in Quality it works. In production, there is no rights to directly preview.

System alias is configured correctly I believe. In the error message it shows correct system name. Only thing the gateway port has been taken as 33xx which I have not given. I have not assigned 33xx anywhere. Is it a standard value taken always by default?

Also, I read that we can access workbooks through a url iview also. http(s)://<server:port>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/rsr_bex_launch/bexanalyzerportalwrapper.htm

If I go by this method, SSO will be working in BEx analyzer? When I tested this service from SAP BW, its again asking for login details in BEx analyzer unlike transaction RRMXP.

Can anyone please clarify?

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

Can you check the services file

%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\services

to see the record sapdp60 mapped to 3260.

For SSO problem. If SSO configured from ABAP to JAVA and vice versa, it should work.

You should check SSO configuration between ABAP and JAVA. (STRUSTSSO2, and NWA).

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Moshe,

I checked services file and sapdp60 is mapped to 3260. For my BW system, system number is 60. But in error message I could see 3360 as port number.

What is the relevance of this? Sorry for my ignorance. I am a developer and not good in network related parameters.

Appreciate your help!

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPGUI and SAP systems are using the records of the services file in order to connect to SAP systems.

The record sapdp60 is for instance number 60 dispatcher port.

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Moshe,

thanks for clarification.

So in my case, <server>:3360 is shown in error message even though I didn't mention 3360 port number anywhere in my system objects properties. Also in services file also I could find mapping for sapdp60 as 3260.

Do you know why port number 3360 has been taken in my case? sapdp or sapgw port number expected in this case? Will there be any help if I edit services file and include 3360 port as mapping?

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not recommended changing these records on services file, and it won't solve your problem.

I would try to create a new system on the portal system landscape and try to use it instead of production system.

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Moshe,

creating a new system object will help? It will have same properties of current system objects I guess.

As I mentioned already, it works fine in Q portal connecting to Q system of BW with similar parameters. exactly same parameters are given for Production BW system objects and it is throwing error in Production portal.

As a test I tried to open iview in development portal pointing to production system object alias and it is working fine. So the issue is only in Production portal environment . What could be the specific parameter causing issue only in production portal?

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is unclear, so creating a new object may help.

it looks something is not defined right, i don't think it is a bug.

doing things again from scratch can solve the problem.

did you tried to restart production system?

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moshe,

I do not have any access in Portal system. I am from BW team. restarting production portal can help? I will try to do it with the help of concerned team. Else will try to do from scratch.

Could you pleas clarify one thing. In my scenario we have both Java and abap server in BW. and we have workbooks, bex reports and WAD reports to integrate to portal. so we have BEx iviews and trasaction iviews in portal. BEx iviews needs to point to java server. Transaction iviews should point to abap server i guess.

right now I have single system objects for the same. Should I maintain separate system objects for java server and abap server? what should be the properties in each case? could you plese provide suggestions? With common system objects for both, all these reports working in Quality.

in production workbooks through above error and bex iviews through certificate error.

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are from BW team, you should consult with your basis team.

They are responsible for the configuration.

You should maintain only one system in portal - ABAP system.

The configuration of JAVA system is made in ABAP system itself, via SM30 - table rspor_t_portal.

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Moshe,

Appreciate your quick response. I was maintaining ABAP system object only and it was giving certificate error saying that certificate available for java server url. Then I changed host name under WebAS to java server host name and it started working in Quality.

But the same is not working in production. I am still getting certificate error even after doing the same like in Quality(java host name under WAS).

How the linking happens, means how the iview will point to java server from Abap system object?

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

java url is generated by abap when you open bex query, using table rspor_t_portal.

you should maintain the table via tran SM30.

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Moshe,

Just now I checked SM30 and I could find that the mentioned table is maintained. Still I have the certificate error while opening BEx iviews. As I mentioned it works in Quality system and when I change my browser security to medium, it works in production too.

Error message says

abapserver.server.domain.com:56201 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for javaserver.server.domain.com (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

it looks like you are using ssl, and there is incompatibility between the hostname and the ssl certificate.

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Moshe,

We have single sign on between systems. And as I mentioned, in Q portal everything works as expected. Similar way I configured Production system objects. It is giving errors in P portal alone. connection to P portal to P BW system is having error it seems. But I am not sure which parameter is causing the issue.

No option to make any changes in Production portal. Since things are working fine in D and Q systems, I am totally clueless in this issue.

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

please attach screenshots of all errors/problems.

and attach also right behavior in Q systems.

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

It seems to the problem due to request converting from http to https. Go to SMICM transaction and see what port has been define. I believe at run time your request from http to getting converted in https and taking https port 33* from 32* (http).

While defining system object what type of ICM/ITS protocols you have defined? please check that as well.

Regards,

Ravi Maheshwari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. Earlier I maintained single system object for BEx iviews and workbooks and I was getting this error. Later I maintained separate ABAP and JAVA system objects. Also there was a problem with transport to production so that the iviews where not pointing to correct system object.

After re-deploying, it works fine. Our portal developer was having restricted access to P portal which made delay in debugging the issue.

thanks!

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

UdayMS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

Based on the info you have provided, I can suggest the following

1. Check the iview-system object mapping if its correct.

2. If so then check the connector properties specially Server Port. If you are using a system object      with load balancing template, chk for corresponding LB port with the basis team.

3. Even in case of single server config verify that property.

regards

Uday

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

Thanks for the reply. I believe the iview -system objects mapping is correct since other BEX iviews from same BW system works and also in the error message, the correct server address is shown. But the port number I have given is 32xx but in error message it comes as 33xx.

I dont know whether this is causing problem. But I am not sure how the port number has been changed on run time. Do you have any idea?

As I mentioned, BEx iviews are working. BEx Iviews takes Java port number and server address I guess. What about Transaction Iviews? 32xx should be the port number ?

I work in BW and BO and new to portal. Please assist

thanks

Nikhil Joy

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check which system you are using in the iview and what parameter you set in that system object

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jun,

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned, BEx Iviews pointing to the same system object are working fine. Can you please tell me which all parameters are specific for Transaction Iviews? port number shown in error message is not the same which I have given.(33xx in error message when I gave 32xx in system objects properties). Do you have any idea how it has been taken as 33xx? Is there any default settings like this?

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you able to find 33** in the property of the system object? just have a check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil. are you pointing to the right object in the system landscape inside of your transactional iViews? Does this one runs properly, means connection tests, network infrastrucutre etc? Why are you showing SAP GUI screenshots? Never heard you can work on PCD content beside the content administration area in the portal, dont think its possible with SAP GUI. I guess you have misunderstood something

cheers

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lawrence,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am pointing to the right object in system landscape and the whole things works fine in Quality. Also other BEx iviews from the same BW system also working.

Regarding the screenshot, this is the error message I get while I try to open a transaction iview from portal. I am pointing to workbooks through RRMXP Tcode. so when I click on the particular page/iview I should be taken to RRMXP tcode which will open BEX analyzer in my local system. So this error is comes while I click on open ie when I try to access RRMXP tcode from portal.

hope it is clear now. Let me know if you need any other information.

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, got you now. In fact the access adress is build together based on parameters given in system landscape object. So like Jun Im supposing you need to check this one.

The only other idea I would have its a)modified on the fly by software/network infrastructure or b)its a product error. For me I dont believe either or. Do a complete network trace and post the results here together with screenshots of appropriate system landscape object and affected iView. Do you have any other iViews pointing to same system? Does they work well?

cheers

UdayMS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I dont think the port number is changed on the runtime. Compare the system objects of other transaction iviews which are working fine (I assumed the other transaction iviews are accessed thru different system objects). The landing page of your backend SAP system is determined by the System object properties that you provide and the transactional iview parameters.

If both are same then pls check with your basis team for more info on the ports used.

Also pls post details of system object properties so that we can get more insight.

regards

Uday