cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

navigate to the Standard SAP transaction from Web dynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I created a WD Application where this application is meant to create Sales Orders.

So in the final screen once the Sales Order is created, Order number gets generated in the Pop up.

This Pop up window has a button which currently navigates to the First Screen of my Application.

But i need this button to navigate to the Sales Order(VA02) Screen.

How to navigate to the Standard SAP transaction from Web dynpro Application.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VR,

Use the following to open a T-Code from WD application.

CALL METHOD cl_http_server=>if_http_server~get_location

IMPORTING

host = lv_host

port = lv_port

out_protocol = lv_protocol.

DATA lv_url type string.

concatenate lv_protocol  '://' lv_host  ':' lv_port  '/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/?sap-client=&~transaction='VA02' into lv_url.

DATA lo_window_manager TYPE REF TO if_wd_window_manager.

DATA lo_api_component  TYPE REF TO if_wd_component.

DATA lo_window         TYPE REF TO if_wd_window.

lo_api_component  = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

lo_window_manager = lo_api_component->get_window_manager( ).

lo_window_manager->create_external_window(

EXPORTING

url    = lv_url

RECEIVING

window = lo_window ).

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Thanks for your quick reply..

Suppose if i running the WD application through a Tcode then what would be the Procedure to call a SAP Transaction

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The procedure would be the same.

Close the thread if it resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsha,

I've tried out with code given by you, but somehow nothing happens its not navigating to SAP transaction.

I think something i am missing out in this statement

concatenate lv_protocol  '://' lv_host  ':' lv_port  '/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/?sap-client=&~transaction=''VA02' into lv_url.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh,

Its working after doing two changes in the code

concatenate lv_protocol  '://' lv_host  ':' lv_port  '/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction=*va02' into lv_url

instead of

concatenate lv_protocol  '://' lv_host  ':' lv_port  '/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/?sap-client=&~transaction=''VA02' into lv_url.

second thing

lo_window->open( ).

Anyway thanks for your infn.

I also have one more question, is there any way that we can transfer the values from WD to the External Window.

For Eg: Once that Order gets created and going to transaction from WD can we see the Order Number on the Order Number field of VA02 window.

kamesh_g
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello , So Finally it is working ? For your question on passing data between multiple views http://scn.sap.com/thread/1874209 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh,

Is there any way can we call SAP GUI Transactions from Web dynpro?

With the above code i am able to call transaction but its coming in Internet Explorer again but i want the T-code to be called just like we give in SAP GUI.

kamesh_g
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you build a web dynpro , Tcode must be called on IE only . Because WD component will be embedded in portal . For this reason only ITS is helpful .

Not sure what is the issue , Are you expecting SAP R/3 from WD component with out a browser .

Thanks

Kamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Kamesh,

I am expecting SAP R/3 transaction from Web dynpro Application without a browser.

When we log into SAP and call some std SAP Transaction how we will get in the similar way i need to call from web dynpro Application.

kamesh_g
Contributor
0 Kudos

But then what is the use of building WD application . WD application purpose is to avoid execution of R/3 screens . Now tell us what is you functional requirement .what is WD application functionality and which Tcode you are trying to call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamesh,

My functionality is Sales Order Creation.

We developed WD application for creating an Order. Once this Order is created an Order number gets generated in the Pop up Window which have 'Ok' button.

On Clicking this Button an Event Handler method should get executed thereby user can go to SAP GUI transaction VA02.

The main reason for navigation to VA02 is for cross checking wether the WD Application created a correct Order or not.

we have proposed the browser related Tcode using an External Window but users are not happy with that since they want Standard Tcode in SAP GUI instead of in browser..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VR,

I don't think it is possible to open TCODE in GUI window from webdynpro's action but you can open the HTML gui window in a browser on ITS url call.

Refer the below links if you wish to navigate to VA02/VA03 in a browser window 

Write the code to navigate to VA02 url on OK button's action

But, you users still insists to open it in GUI window, its better to have GUI easy access window in parallel and use VA02, then let then choose the sales order number from WD browser window

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishnappa,

I have asked to follow the same approach but for them to do this they need to copy the order no which gets generated and paste in the VA02 tcode parllely.

But they do not want to copy and paste the Order No instead they want that number to display in the VA02 transaction in SAP GUI.

kamesh_g
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi For this you need to activate ITS service . 1. SE80 ->Utilitities->Settings-> Internet Transaction Server->Select Integrated ITS 2. Go to Tcode SE80-> Choose Internet Services from the first dropdown->Enter SYSTEM - Right click and publish - > complete service . 3. Once the publishing is completed the system will issue a success message “Object published successfully; site INTERNAL”. 4. Repeat the steps 2 and 3 again to publish “SHUFFLER” and “WEBGUI” internet services. 5. Go to SICF and enter the service path as /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui and execute and activate the service(If it is in disable mode). 6.  Create Web dynpro Component, In that create Link to URL and mention the path as http:/ /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction=PA30 Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh,

I have done all the steps which you have mentioned.

But i didn't understand the difference between the earlier code which you gave or these steps which you have mentioned.

Which one should be followed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamesh,

FYI its not working