cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force call process_event again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can you please advise how can I force call PROCESS_EVENT of a generic form UIBB.

I am working in ESS CATS timesheet screen and I added one custom built form UIBB which should do something

once Save button pressed.

The Timesheet component (HRESS_C_CATS) should pass some data to the form UIBB screen after Save is pressed.

But my problem is that PROCESS_EVENT of the form UIBB is called first before the PROCESS_EVENT of HRESS_C_CATS is called when Save is pressed (FPM_SAVE event).

So I cannot get a chance to pass some data and do some processing in the PROCESS_EVENT of the form UIBB.

Is there any way I can force call the form UIBB's PROCESS_EVENT from the other component when Save is pressed.

Thanks

Arindam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivek_priyadarshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

PROCESS_EVENT can only be invoked by the FPM framework and the sequence is determined dynamically and you cannot control it.

Why don't you try raising a custom event in PROCESS_EVENT of HRESS_C_CATS and create  a handler in your form UIBB PROCESS_EVENT. You can use IF_FPM->RAISE_EVENT to raise the custom event.

The biggest risk I see in this approach is that you will love the FPM_SAVE , which could lead to loss of data.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried to raise a custom event from PROCESS_EVENT of HRESS_C_CATS and handled it in the  UIBB PROCESS_EVENT.

But my UIBB PROCESS_EVENT is called first always and then the PROCESS_EVENT of HRESS_C_CATS.

So after the custom event  triggered from HRESS_C_CATS, it does not come back to the UIBB PROCESS_EVENT again.

Finally got a solution by writing the code in UIBB GET_DATA method as it gets called after PROCESS_EVENT of HRESS_C_CATS

Thanks

Arindam

Answers (0)