cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: A unique document name could not be generated using the numbering table. Contact your system administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Does anyone know where this error message is coming from? The error message appears when saving a Master Agreement created from template for the first time.

The funny thing is that this error message is not appearing to all the users, only some of them. I checked the numbering table assigned to the Master Agreement type but I didn't see anything weird.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Do you have multiple numbering tables for different MA types or is it only 1 numbering table for all? The only situations I am aware of is either the numbering table was insufficient to generate unique numbers for the amount of MA's created or there are multiple numbering tables that are creating iD's that are the same.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

Thank you very much for your reply.

However, we do not have more than one numbering table for MAs. All MA types have the same numbering table and it is big enough to keep creating MAs. In fact other users are able to create MAs without any issues.

I have checked also the Daemon alerts and nothing but I have an idea of where this issue is coming from. The users obtaining the error don't have all the security profiles assigned. Once I am assigning all the security profiles to them, it is working.

How can this error be related to access-rights? Do you have any idea? 

Thank you in advance again!

Regards,

Laura

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

This would have been one of my next thoughts.  Can you isolate which security profile settings are involved? It is possible that inadvertently required ACLs were removed.  Another possibility I was thinking about was scripting.  Considering the fact this is consistent on which users could/could not, these setting differences should be at the root cause.  Have you looked at the application log during the time of the error?  This may also prove helpful.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

Thank you very much to put me into the right path. It was a matter of Numbering Table rights in the security profile.

Best,

Laura

Answers (0)