cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diving deep into "Second Integration Phase" error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

During Product master data load through the IBP 4.0.0.1 web UI, I am getting following error -

Failed to launch second integration phase

Looking closely into this error I find the error is termed as "Second integration phase"...Can anyone please tell me what exactly happens in this phase of integration? Is there any thing called "First Integration Phase" as well? If yes, what happens in that phase??

Regards,

Suprio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing always worth checking when receiving the "second integration phase" error is if you are using the master data in another planning area - and if that other planning area is currently in an inactive state.

When loading MD that is shared, it validates across all planning areas used.  If one of the planning areas is inactive - this error message will get thrown.

Additionally - if you happen to be an on premise user - you can execute this procedure in Hana Studio to capture a more specific error message:

CALL SOPINTEG_PROCESSING_SCRIPT(##)   

^^ (where ## is your batch number)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suprio,

As I know first phase is when the system reads the CSV and loads data into the staging table. Second phase involves data being moved from staging table to the core table. If records are rejected during this phase you receive a rejection code.

Regards

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Thanks for sharing this fact. Your response will truly help me in understanding the processing of templates better

Regard

Suprio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Would like to ask you one more question. I think all the data processing task takes place during the staging phase of data integration, doesn't it?

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, integrity check is triggered after data has reached the staging table.

Rgds,

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Am trying to delete the Master data (Material) through Web UI and I have deleted all the relevant master data like shipto and soldto but its giving me the error "Failed to launch second integration phase".

Regards,

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Sujay,

Are you using the same data set for deletion which you used for insert initially ?

If there are unexpected errors in the backend,you will not abe able to see those errors in WEB UI.We will need access to the system to check the root cause.Can you please create an OSS message to look into it and help you.

Regards

Avijit