cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Publish to BO Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed SAP Lumira v1.21 Personal Edition. We are using SAP BIP 4.1 SP3 and have installed SAP BO Explorer.

I am able to install SAP Lumira even when port 6401 is not open. Below points are mentioned in installation guide.

1. Local port 6401 must be open.

2. One port in the range 4520–4539 must be open

For what purpose are these ports used?

I want to publish the dataset to BO Explorer. After entering the CMS details when I click on Connect, “Connecting to Server” message is displayed and hangs there. Nothing happens.

Could you please let me know if ports of BO Explorer services needs to be opened in client machine?

Please help me resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhura,

Those ports don't have to be "open" to the outside so to speak, they have be available for Lumira to run. They are used internally for Lumira desktop. to communicate with their internal services. If you were able to install and run Lumira than Lumira was able to open and use the ports they need.

Do you have other tools on your system that can publish datasets to BO Explorer?

Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Trevor,

I do not have any other tool.

Madhura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way I can trace to find the root cause?

After entering CMS details and when i click on Connect, is there a tool or some command line to find which port it is hitting?

Thanks,

Madhura

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhura,

For finding the actual network communication going on, use a tool like Wireshark and capture the packets from the NIC. You can then filter those based on the search term.

Alternative you could also try setting proxy inside lumira and use fiddler to debug the network traffic.

Also can you check if you have installed SAP BI Addon for Lumira and configured them inside your BO Server.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Shankar Narayanan SGS Gold

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Add On was only available  as part of the "ramp up" program. E.g.; you had to get approved by your SAP account manager. This program is now over, so getting the Add On will probably not be possible anymore. Instead, consider the Lumira Server.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is having lumira server required to publish to explorer?  I have lumira trial (personal + std trial) only

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not all the features are available if you are usinf trail version.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhura - I can't answer the port question; I don't recall doing anything special.

I am not experiencing your issues publishing to BusinessObjects Explorer - can you connect to Explorer separately?

Could you also try upgrading to Lumira 1.22?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I checked for updates and installed v1.22.

I am able connect to BO Explorer using link http://server:8080/explorer/.

From SAP Lumira I able to connect to universe with same CMS details.

I am facing issue when connecting to CMS for publishing dataset to BO
Explorer.

Is it necessary to open ports 6401, and any port between 4520 – 4539? As I am
able to install without these ports being open?

Thanks,

Madhura

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhura - on the ports question - I have to defer to the help or someone more technical than I am. Good to hear you can reach your BusinessObjects Explorer