cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The item is not relevant for billing.

arkantos
Explorer
0 Kudos

i am creating billing document (for sales return) without reference(no delivery) using BAPi "BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE" (i.e. for sales return only invoice should be created.

in the above mentioned BAPI i gave all the mandatory inputs (as mentioned in function module documentaion). other than that i give

reference num = invoice number which is supposed to be returned

ref doc category = 'M' (for invoice it is M)

Item - '10' (the line item which is to be returned)

when i execute i get the error "The item is not relevant for billing"

BUt if i give the following, the return invoice is created

reference num = delivery number (tried vao1 and vl01 to get delivery number)

ref doc category = 'J' (for delivery it is J)

Item - '10' (the line item which is to be returned)

can anyone help me with this error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arkantos,

It appears from your post that you want to return and create a credit memo request for it.

in that case you need to check if the the item is allowed for return.

for that you need to check what is the item category is determined when you are trying to return, and then check the VTAF if the copy control is ok ( e.g. F2 --> Re

check the item category is relavent for the returns.

chek the credit memo request to credit memo copy control is O.K

also check

Thanks,

Sridhar.

arkantos
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi sridhar,

Actually we dont want to create credit memo request. (no sale order, no delivery)

we want to create credit memo itself directly from invoice as reference.

what is the right copy control do we have to look into?

Thanks & Regards

Arkantos

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arkantos,

You can create directly from invoice to credit memo, and the required value can be adjusted in billing item conditions, with the copy control settings made in (VTFF) Billing to Billing copy control.

Thanks,

Sridhar.

arkantos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Yes it is working good. Thanks.

Billing to billing copy control was not configured. Sorry for the late response.

If any ABAPer looking to solve the error "The item is not relevant for billing", you can ask your SD consultant to look the following things as JOBI suggested.

1. relevant copy control
  2. billing relavance in item category.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arkantos,

Look at the billing relevence of the item category of the material in the original invoice. Use VOV7.

Also check if the copying control is in place for your billing type to your return billing type (credit/debit memo).

Check and correct.

Reply if not solved

Regards

Jobi

arkantos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

billing relevance is marked as T (delivery related invoices for CRM with IB in CRM).i asked my SD consultant. he said copy ocontrol is right.

we never faced a scenario where only invoice should be created (no sales order, no delivery). so we are not sure if the billing is order related or delivery related.

will be helpful any input to proceed. we are stuck here for weeks.

Thanks & Regards

Arkantos

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So your SD consultant must be knowing about the item category and its features.

Here your  item category is relevant for delivery related billing. so obviously, in this case you will get this error.

Invoicing directly with reference to a bill is very rare or rather odd. Why do u follow that..?

Ideally, you should have a debit/credit memo request in this case. Ie, you refer to your original bill and create a debit/credit memo request (these are order types). Then with reference to that, you create the bill (which is the debit/credit memo).

Discuss with your SD consultant..

I am not sure about features in CRM regarding this. But in SD, i dont think you can do this kind of bill referred billing with std configuration

Reply here, if you need more clarifications

Regards

Jobi

arkantos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Basically we are into portal integration with SAP. Stock is maintained in JAVA Portal not in SAP. The information we need is only from invoice. so we were looking out for a way to create invoice without sale order and delivery. and we have found that it can only be done through the BAPI. we created invoice in the same way. but while creating return invoice we are facing the problem.

following the ideal option (sale order -> delivery -> invoice) is the last option we have. but it is possible to create the invoice directly. we just have not figured it out yet... so we are waiting for any solutions and suggestions

Thanks & Regards

Arkantos