cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load transactional data from BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am loading transactional data from the BW. I have changed the standard "LOAD TRANSACTION DATA FROM BW INFOPROVIDER UI" package in such a way that the transformation file to be used is hardcoded and the selections about the default logic etc. are also not shown but hardcoded.

The only prompt remaining is the one to select the infoprovider itself and make any selections. Is it possible to hardcode the infoprovider but let the user make the selections? Our infoprovider contains data for several periods but when we load, we only want to load data for one period at a time.

My problem is, I think this line handles both the selection of the infoprovider itself but also the selections (in my case the period).

PROMPT(INFORPORIVDERSELECTION,%InforProvide%,%SELECTION%,"Please select the InfoProvider and set selection (InfoProvider list is restricted both by BW and BPC authority)",,)

I have tried to siply replace %InforProvide% with the DSO I want to load from and the done the same in this line further down

TASK(/CPMB/INFOPROVIDER_CONVERT,FILE,%InforProvide")

but that still left the prompt to select the infoprovider for the user.

So, is it possible to separate these two questions and hardcode the info provider but let the user set the selection about the period? I have attached the full package script.

Thanks,
Arnold

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

PROMPT(INFORPORIVDERSELECTION,%InforProvide%,%SELECTION%,...

will always prompt for infoprovider and for selection. You can fix infoprovider, but it will be anyway prompted

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

not the answer I was looking for but thanks anyway.

Arnold

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look also on this discussion:

It's possible to simulate xml selection, where you can try to change some value.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Please go through the following link:

Might be helpful in your case.........

Regards,

Priyanka

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Your proposal is not related to the subject, the topic author asks for manual (not automatic!) launch of package with restricted user selections!

Vadim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

BPC EPM add-in v.10 automatically stores history of your prompt values in one Local Response File (named DMUserSelection.xml) in addition, you can use custom Local Response Files to store predefined prompt values and apply them when needed.

Kindly go through the below link may be you will get some idea

Shrikant

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinkat,

Even using the VBA approach it will be not possible to restrict user from launching DM package directly with incorrect infoprovider... I think that playing with xml selection is more promising approach The variables can be fixed as COMBOBOX lists....

Vadim

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Yes, the directed link also combination of xml and VBA.

Shrikant

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, different xml's

In case of INFORPORIVDERSELECTION - it's xml inside xml! The result of this prompt in variable %SELECTION% will contain xml that will be passed to TASK(/CPMB/INFOPROVIDER_CONVERT,INFOPROV_SELECTION,%SELECTION%)

Vadim

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helpful ...