cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Action in 14.0 SP5 Patch 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are into migration of MII 12.1 to 14.0 version (SP5 Patch 14).

One of the custom action blocks which works absolutely fine in 12.1 is giving an error in 14.0.

Through error it seems it is not able to fetch getCredentials method from the imported class of SDK (screenshot attached).

Request pointers on this issue and would also like to know if there is any signature related changes in 14.0 version due to which my custom action gives an error.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

I deleted the existing JAR for my custom action and tried to re-deploy it but it is now giving me an error while deploying.

[C0000A3B214700BD000000000000139C] Assembly file is missing file catalog.xml, which configures the actions

The same JAR initially showed green status.

Christian: I first though of re-deploying the JAR and then will work on the suggestions you have given.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuj

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

Try the way below for deploying the files.

Thanks,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

I have already tried both the ways but its not working for me.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian/Anushree,

Further, when I try to debug the source code and compile it again with 14.0 SDK, I am getting error while importing classes. I checked in SDK folder as well and I am not able to see those class files present.

Below is the list of such class imports for which I am not able to see any class file in SDK.

import com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.system.CommunicationException;

import com.sap.xmii.bls.executables.actions.web.dialogs.PostDialog;

import com.sap.xmii.bls.executables.actions.web.WebActions;

import com.sap.xmii.bls.executables.actions.web.PostResponse;

Thanks & Regards,

Anuj

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to use MII classes that aren't part of the SDK you will have to get the jars off the server and add them to the class path of your development environment. Also note that there have been changes and some refactoring in the engine since 12.1 so those classes you need may have moved or changed. It looks like your action probably borrows some functionality from other actions which is a common thing to do but probably not "supported" so thats why SAP doesn't include all the MII libs in the SDK.

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you dump the full error stack from the logs? It's hard to see exactly where the error is actually occurring.

There are a couple of notes that may apply:

2032559 - CredentialStoreManager lookup method must adhere to public API

2012183 - reverting BLS SDK method changes introduced in 14.0 SP5

Take the time to search as well, I only spent a few min and there may be more.

If you haven't already I recommend taking the time to update the custom action with the latest SDK and implementation requirements.

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

This is an error which indicates that at runtime, you deployed custom action code is not able to find getCredentials() method at runtime. The method signature shows that this method is from your custom action code.

You can try re-deploying. Also, check the source code of your custom action.

Regards,

Anushree

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

As is mostly observed, you should modify the custom action blocks as it's not always supported by later versions.

Before doing that, try to redeploy it on 14.0 system.

Thanks,

Swaroop