Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX-PLACE navigation does not work in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is my scenario.

I have an INITIAL PAGE in which I am displaying a list of Purchase Orders by using LIST ATS GUIBB.

I have exposed the FPM_NAVIGATE action in the GET_DEFINITION method of the LIST Feeder.

I have assigned FPM_NAVIGATE event to a column ( PO Number ) in the LIST.

Processing Mode is 'EXECUTE SEARCH AND LEAVE'

I have specified the PADE ID as one MAIN PAGE in the same Application.

I have not specified any ROLE or INSTANCE .. I have not created any Launchpad config.

This set up is working just fine when I test. When I click on a PO number, it opens the MAIN Page and here I am able to capture the source attributes from the LIST and display some detailed result. The MAIN Page is opening as a new window( This is what I need as opposed to in-place navigation where the INITIAL page will be replaced by the MAIN page ).

However, when we integrate this app to Portal, when we click on a PO number, it tries to open a new window. But in the new window all we see is an error message as below.

"Page not found. Refresh the page or try again later. If the problem persists, contact your portal administrator for assistance".

Could anyone suggest some tips to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Ajith Cheruvally

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

please make sure that the parameter for the app configuration id is provided in the portal configuration. This is generally necessary. For simple application start, the standard WD fallback may work which selects the app config with the same name as the WD app. However, this fallback does no longer work for the secondary result list navigation.

Regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Jens,

We did provide the 'Application Name' as well as 'Configuration Name' parameters separately. Still the same error.

Do you think we need to do the launchpad(LPD_CUST) details along with the LIST column action?

I do not understand why it is not working when we are able to open the new window in SAP.

Any suggestion will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Ajith Cheruvally 

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

If role, instance and application alias are not maintained, then the application restarts itself directly with the page given as "page id". This is the standard result list navigation, and I think this is the case you want to realize.

Therefore please check that the "Appl Alias" is blank at the event parameter assignment for FPM_NAVIGATE in the list.

If this is already the case, you may put a break-point in CL_FPM_GUIBB_ASSIST method CREATE_NAVIGATION_EVENT. At line 89 or so, there should be this statement:

ls_fpm_wda-wd_configuration = mo_component->get_application( )->get_configuration_id( ).

Please check whether ls_fpm_wda-wd_configuration gets correctly filled here.

Best regards

Jens

PS: You probably have seen this blog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens,

I checked that method. And the parameters are getting filled there. Like I said, this set up is perfectly working when I am testing from FPM workbench. The issue is only when I test in portal.

Do you think I should follow the steps in the blog that you suggested? That is creating the launchpad configuration.

Thanks,

Ajith Cheruvally

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

since it works stand-alone, the only explanation which came directly into my mind is that the config ID gets lost, and that the fallback mechanism might not apply in the portal case - that why I asked you to check I it in the debugger.

Is there maybe another application-specific parameter necessary to start the app successfully and which might get lost during the automatic explace navigation?

Usually you should not need role and instance, but you can also try to use it.

Otherwise you may need to create a support ticket as it could be anything between portal and WDA.

Best regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Thanks again for helping me with this.

I tried creating the Role and Instance. And I specified them for the LIST Column. What this does is, it is replacing the INITIAL PAGE with the MAIN PAGE which I do not want.

And, I have also tested integrating the SAP demo App : FPM_BOL_TEST_UIF_FLIGHT_OVP in portal. This application has such navigation from a list to a MAIN Page. This is also working fine stand alone but not in Portal. Really confused.

Thanks,

Ajith Cheruvally

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

if this SAP demo application does not correctly work in portal, it is definitely time to create a support ticket.

I am not sure what you mean with "replacing INITIAL with MAIN page". Is the navigation happening inplace even though the navigation mode is configured differently in LPD_CUST?

By the way, there is some special logic for the BOL application like the demo app you mentioned: They navigate again to the initial page, however, the BOL search feeder recognizes the "execute search and leave" mode and therefore executes the search with given parameters which should now provide a unique record as result. With it they navigate to the main page via FPM_LEAVE_INITIAL_SCREEN so that it looks for the user as if the main page would directly open.

Regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Again Jens,

Sorry, configuring the Role and Instance and the external navigation type did work for stand alone testing. It opened in the new window. However, we got the same error in the portal. Still researching .... will raise a support ticket if possible.

Thanks,

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I came across one SAP note.

Navigation from FPM Search Result Lists

SAP Note Number: 1879171

I have handed it over to the Basis team here for analysis.

In the mean time, I have implemented the below work around.

- Capture the column click event in a Webdynpro component's PROCESS_EVENT method.

- Create a URL of the same FPM application configuration, but this time adding the START_PAGE_ID parameter with the MAIN Overview page ID.

- Opening that URL in an external window using the Webdynpro Window Manager API.

Thanks for all your support. It was really helpful.

Thanks,

Ajith Cheruvally 

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

thanks for the info. Then note may indeed solve the issue - there is a good chance. It was written 19 month ago, and I forgot a little about it.Thanks for pointing my attention back to it!

Best regards, Jens

Answers (0)