cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone Billing for Down Payments (Ord Rel) & Delivery Related Commercial Billing for partial deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need help from any active users on an MTO scenario that i am working on....

My clients requirement is on Order acceptance they take advance payment from the customer followed by several partial payments (% based- Down Payment Requests generated) as and when they incur expenses (Paid to vendors)

When it comes to normal billing (F2-Revenue Recognized) they are charging the customers for the partail delivery quantity (i.e Delivery based billing) and settling the advances recieved already from the customers against these commercial invoices later from FI side.

Right now im using TAO as my Item category - (to facilitate Milestone billing) for percentage based advance payments and im using AZWR condition type to post the Down payment billing docs created as advances. the problem comes when i have to create a partial delivery (for ex: ORD Qty 10 and Delivered 2) and create a F2 billing for only 2qty.

Im confused of to how to create a delivery related billing document for partial delivery quantity - system throws an error coz i selected my billing relevance as "i" Order related billing with milestones....if i use any other ...then system wd not copy the milestones at item level. i changed my billing relevance to " A-Delivery related billing" for TAO ...just to check if i can do the delivery related billing ...keeping the milestone billing as it is at Header level ...i ve been succesful in creating the delivery related billing document for partial quantity but system throws an error message when im creating downpayment billing docuemnts with respect to order to post sadvances recieved ...it says "Billing with milestone requirements is only possible with Billing rule 4 or 5" (Note: the milestones at header level are assigned with billing rule 4)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delivery related Downpayment is possible in SAP, please refer

1587818 - DP Poland: Redesigning of Down-payment functionality

Which is specific Poland.it can be extended to all. Hope this helps

Normally in standard SAP,only order related billing is possible.. but with specific note delivery related is possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

so...in short they r taking advance payments by raising DPR's followed by  Delivery processing for partial Quantities followed by F2 Billing Documents and later settling the advances taken with the commercial bills generated.