Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error During "MAIN_PROFSTART/SUBMOD_INSTNR_CHG/MOD_INSTNR_PRE!"

vijay_vangala3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are applying Netweaver 7.3 patches through SUM 1.0 SPS12, and encountered an error during phase downtime phase "MAIN_PROFSTART/SUBMOD_INSTNR_CHG/MOD_INSTNR_PRE!", I found the issue and I tried to update the shadow system instance profile, but when I repeat the phase the values are lost and old values are taking effect. does somebody know from where SUM is reading the old profile?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please attach the log files and screenshot of SUM tool for analysis.

Regards,

Maha

0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

The Profiles and Kernel for the shadow instance can be found in the following directory
/SUM/abap/system/SID/SYS/Profiles

You can find the Shadown system directory structure under SUM/abap/system/SID

Hope this helps!

BR

Amit

cherry_li
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi   Have you solve the problems? I meet the error, too

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Can you please provide us with the Screen shot and the log for the MAIN_PROFSTART/SUBMOD_INSTNR_CHG/MOD_INSTNR_PRE! phase in the /SUM/abap/log directory.

Regards,

Ram

cherry_li
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi I meet the error, too. the log shows

SAPup> Starting subprocess with PID 8075 in phase 'MOD_INSTNR_PRE' at 20151126043847

ENV: DB2DBDFT=SLM

ENV: DB2INSTANCE=db2slm

ENV: DIR_LIBRARY=/usr/sap/SLM/SYS/exe/run

ENV: JAVA_HOME=/usr/sap/SLM/DVEBMGS02/exe/sapjvm_4

ENV: LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sap/SLM/SYS/exe/run:/usr/sap/SLM/SYS/exe/uc/linuxx86_64

ENV: PATH=/usr/sap/SLM/SYS/exe/run:/usr/sap/SLM/DVEBMGS02/exe/sapjvm_4/bin:/usr/NX/bin:/home/slmadm/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/opt/kde3/bin:/usr/lib/mit/bin:/usr/lib/mit/sbin:/usr/sap/SLM/SYS/exe/uc/linuxx86_64:/home/slmadm:.

ENV: SAPSYSTEMNAME=SLM

ENV: dbms_type=db6

ENV: dbs_db6_schema=SAPSLM

ENV: dbs_db6_user=sapslm

PWD: /usr/sap/SLM/SUM1/abap/tmp

EXECUTING /usr/sap/SLM/SYS/exe/run/sapcpe pf=/usr/sap/SLM/SYS/profile/SLM_DVEBMGS06_ILTLVLSSC17

SAPup> Process with PID 8075 terminated with status 4 at 20151126043847!