Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTP with Block planning...impact of ATP Buckets

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gurus,

We are prototyping CTP with Block planning in PP/DS. What role does the ATP bucket play in this scenario? We are working with SAP delivered buckets only and have not changed it. There are 2 entries, one with no Bucket ID and one with 01 Bucket ID. Both have exactly the same values. I checked the checking groups and they have a blank value for the Bucket ID field. Does ie mean the system is not using ATP Buckets or it is using the Bucket with Blank .

thanks,

Subash Nanjangud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

Of course the system will use ATP bucket. The ATP bucket ID can be assigned to the ATP group in customizing:

SPRO -> Advanced Planning and Optimization

-> Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP)
                -> Product Availability Check
                   -> Maintain ATP Group

If the Bucket ID field is blank in the ATP group, then you are using the bucket with blank bucket ID.

Regards,

Claire

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Claire for the response.

We are going ahead with Issue limit 00:00:00 and Bucket Shift 00:00:00. We have Block planning configured wirh Confirmation at Bucket limit with GR Processing time. But the system starts GR time from the Planned order end instead of Block end. We would like the system to calculate GR time from end of the block. In our business we have to stick to the confirmed date given to the customer as he plans other stuff based on the confirmed date we give him. If we confirm with GR Time from end of block our schedulers can move orders inside the block without impacting the date we have committed to the customer. Any idea how this can be aceived?

Will be very thankful for any guidance.

Subash

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

The GR should always start after last production activity if you handling resource is 24*7 available.  If not, you may set an example and report a SAP incident.

Regards,
Claire

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Claire but it won't help us as we want the GR to start at the end of the block. Any user exits for this please?

Subash

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a provision on the resource master (Block definition section) to indicate that you want Orders to be scheduled to the BLOCK LIMITS. Its called "Schedule the Orders to Block Limits". Should do it for you.

Good Luck

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

that would be also my recommendation!

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy but we already have that set. This works fine when we don't have GR time. When you have GR time this is ignored. My block ends on Jan 26 and my planned order ends on 23 Jan. With GR time of 1 day it would confirm on 24 Jan but we want it to confirm on 27 Jan....not happening 

subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

In our case at various paper mills we generally have  two operations and Operation 0010 was block planned and scheduled to block limits and operation 0020 was not block planned so we could use GR time. In your case I assume you have only one operation ?

Thanks

Sandeep

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tthanks Sandeep for your response. I am at a loss on how having a second operation will help as the 2 nd operation will start at the end of the first operation finishes. Right now we have only one operation.

If my block is from Monday to Thursday and my order finishes on Monday afternoon I want the GR time to start on Thursday when the block ends. That way the dates we have confirmed to the customer remains sacrosanct even if my scheduler juggles the order inside the 3 day block. Would adding a 2nd operation eliminate the scenario where the order moved from Monday to Thursday have the same GR Date and time.

By the way do you remember me?

THanks,

SUbash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

First Operation is block planned and with schedule to block limit, end date and time of 1st operation is based on block end date. Next operation will always start after 1st operation. Even if you have weekly block and with 7 orders, the 1st order block planned operation will have block end date /time. Second operation will start after block end date and time. The available date and time for non block planned operation will have an additional GR time. This should work. When you reschedule blocks you can call bottom up to align the non block planned operation. This will ensure that second operation will start after block end date time.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sandeep Mondkar

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep for the clarification. We will try it out and see. You did not answer the last line...

subash

Answers (0)