Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in installation of SAP in Sun zone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am installating the SAP 4.7 on Sun Solaris 10 in zone environments

In global zone i was created the new local zone and then in that local zone i was created the Filesystem and user and done the setting as per the sap standard document ( OS Dependent setting.pdf and Note : 724713-Parameter setting for solaris 10) and then start the installation from the CD we got the following error in zone

<b>Error:- guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host sapgint01, port 21212 to continue with the installation</b>

Please help me to solve this problem

Waiting U R replay ASAP

u can mail me also on vishal.kalekar@gmail.com

Thanks in Advance

With Best Regards

VIshal Kalekar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

Are you operating using an Xterm or just from the command line? It looks like you have called sapisnt without the gui option, this is correct if you are not using an Xterm.

You now need to open the sapisnt GUI on a Frontend windows PC (call this from a windows installation master CD) and connect it to sapisnt process running on the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

Thanks for guide line its solve my problem but now i am facing the new problem

i was completed my installation but when i login i got dump message and when i check in sick t-code i found the below message

<b>OS release SunOS 5.10 Generic sun4u is not supported with this kernal (6.40)</b>

and when i run command from server R3trans -d i got following error

<b>$ R3trans -d

This is R3trans version 6.09 (release 640 - 26.10.04 - 15:45:42).

2EETW169 no connect possible: "DBMS = ORACLE --- dbs_o

ra_tnsname = 'D11'"

R3trans finished (0012).

$</b>

so please help me solve this problem

You can mail me also on vishal.kalekar@gmail.com

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

Have you followed the restrictions on the operating system for kernel 640 when you installed the system.

407314 Released operating systems SAP R/3 kernel 6.x ORACLE

The reason for getting this error message is probably that the the installation CD's were burnt before Solaris 10 was certified by SAP. You can probably ignore this message. Solaris 10 is binary compatible with the older Solaris releases and therefore no problems due to this are to be expected.

However, my advice would be to upgrade to the latest kernel patch available for the 640 kernel on the SAP Service Market Place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

I solved this problem.

Actually in<b> .dbenv_<hostname>.sh</b> file the parameter <b>ORA_NLS33</b> value is correct but the name of parameter is wrong it should be <b>CLIENT_NLS33</b> after change this its start working properly and also update the kernel patch of 6.40

Now i am facing new problem

In <b>db13</b> schedule <b>Check and update optimizer statistics</b> but it was give error

the job log is as follows

<b>Job log

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSDBAJOB, variant &0000000000000, user ID SAP*)

Execute logical command BRCONNECT On host development

Parameters: -u / -c -f stats -t ALL

ld.so.1: brconnect: fatal: libclntsh.so.10.1: open failed: No such file or directory

Process died due to signal 9

Job finished</b>

My System is <b>SAP R3E 4.7</b> on <b>oracle 9.2</b> with oracle patch<b> 7</b> on <b>Sun Solaris 10</b>

And its trying to find out oracle 10 lib file

how to solve this problem

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David

I Now my problem is completely solved

I was update the kernel and dba tolls also so that my problem is completely solved

Thanks for u r assistance

can u send me u r mail id to me so that in feature any help i required then i directly send mail to you

Regards

Vishal Kalekar

Answers (0)