cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC -Saving the configuration of a line item when plant is changed.

former_member405498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

My question is related to VC. let say i have configurable material and configuration of this material is dependent on plant .

i have created a sales order with this material and maintain the configuration required for this material in the sales order with a particular plant and saved the SO.

Now  when i go back to the sales order and change the plant of the line item ,the configuration which i have maintained earlier is being wiped out and i do have to maintain the configuration once again .

Please advice on how i can save the configuration as it is while switching the line item to a different plant.

Thanks& regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

p m,

Your configurable material is configured at plant level , while creating sales order line you first need to give a plant then only you are allowed to start configuration, once you configured this product and save the order it becomes configuration for that order line.

While chaging order if you try to change plant its as good as changing sales order line item material and during that attempt you will get a configuration pop up again and values which derived in configuration due to previous selection of plant will be deleted, as system expect with the new item user will input a new set of configuration values or new values will be derived for characterstic where dependencies are setting up values based upon plant selection.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

first u have to assign the plant in the when u will be creating the material after all the process is done lastly u have creats the sales order