Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Recording on Behalf of Employees

heathershiels
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of implementing MSS Time recording on behalf of employees through the new MSS Home Page_2.

My issue is  when the manager keys time for their employee it is being saved waiting for approval.

How do I allow managers to key time on-behalf of their employees without approvals however if they key time for themselves through ESS they still require approval?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Heather

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,

You can define approval required or not in the CATS profile. If you have with approval procedure, when manager creates time on behalf of employee it will be sent to the approver you do not have control making it auto approved.

If you do not want approval procedure, when employee or manager on behalf of employee creates time it will get auto approved.

Regards,

Jyothi

heathershiels
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Thank you for responding.

Can you tell me where in configuration I map this new profile to MSS time recording on be half of employees or maybe is there a certain name I give the new profile and SAP will know to use it similar how the ESS profile is automatically used in ESS?

Thanks,

Heather

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you show the screen where you at? Typically, approval required comes from CAC1 of the profiles in your case we need to ensure managers are able to choose different profile from drop down which doesn't require approval as its there for HR admin but not for MSS, however you can check again MULTIPLE_PROFILE Enables the selection of multiple data entry profiles from the list http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2013_02/helpdata/en/30/e67780e37f4f5a90105a9e9205660f/frameset.htm Further the Badi HRESS_CATS_PROFILE_FILTER_ENH can be implemented for which data entry profiles need to chosen from by each employee.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

heathershiels
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

That was the answer we used the badi to filter and only select my MSS profile which was configured with no approvals.

Thanks everyone!

Heather