cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inflated setup time of operations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are facing an issue where setup time of an operation is inflated to a very large number after the order is converted from APO. For example if we have std value for set up time maintained as 15 mins for op 0030, after conversion the set up time of op 0030 shows a very large random number such as 4,500 mins. I am unable to get to the root cause of the problem. Please advice . Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganpath,

Please check in the PDS PPDS (APO) side the Duration of the activity at Modes level! Please pay attention, the duration on APO side are in seconds.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Marius .I checked the PDS. I have duration of 720s for my set up activity. I checked the sched formulas for setup. They are set up correctly. Some how this time is showing up as a large number in ECC for this op.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And you don't have any break or downtime at resource level? Also, based on your lot size what should be the duration?

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for helping, Marius.Appreciate it. I dont have any break or downtime at resource level. The duration is fixed, independent of the Lot size.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked if you have assigned set up matrix to resource and set up group to operation/Phase. In this case set up time will come from set up matrix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh. Thanks for the suggestion

Its a multi-mixed resource. I see that this setup activity starts on 01/22 and end on 01/28. The set up activity time should have been just 12 mins. No down times maintained. I  cannot figure out why this activity getting stretched out..I would appreciate any suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the routing at operation level is the continuous flow production indicator check? Did you check the capacity of the WC?

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

No we have no overlapping set and this is an unconstrained WC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to convert on APO side?

Former Member
0 Kudos

we always convert orders from APO side..Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check in the heuristic SAP_SNP_SNGL - Individual Conversion SNP -> PPDS, tab Attributes if you have Safety time maintained. Also check what is your Lot size setup for created PPDS orders (same tab Attributes).

Thanks, Marius  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marius for help me investigate the issue. I really appreciate it. We are going to maintain a maximum interval between the setup activity and the produce activity and then activate the maximum interval parameter in the strategy profile. Note 445899 addresses this issue

Thanks again for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent Ganpath.

Best, Marius

Answers (0)