cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking of FI Tax rate with SD Pricing condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear -

I am very new to this forum as well in SD. I have a query regarding the linking between FI Tax Rate with SD Pricing condition.

As per my understanding , I know in FTXP I will first configure the tax rate against a specific tax code. Later on when we maintain in VK11 ,system should automatically populate the derived tax rate based on the keys I am entering.

I am facing an auto derivation issue in this case. Means system is not pulling the maintained tax rate from FTXP, most importantly if I try to override the value with any manual entry then it is accepting without giving an error message.

In this context I found A053 condition table gets checked when I am entering FTXP. So could be a question how A053 gets populated is it thru FTXP itself?

I searched already this forum but didn't receive any related information , so posting as a new thread.

Kindly let me know.

- Thanks , Aditi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditi,

did you get the answers for our questions from any other source?

If yes, could you please share with me? Since i'm also facing the same issue when i'm trying  implement the new Tax codes for Canada.

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Means system is not pulling the maintained tax rate from FTXP

Have you checked in Analysis from condition tab which would show for which combination, system has fetched the tax rate.  Share the screen shot of that Analysis

G. Lakshmipathi

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditi,

I would like to throw some light on basics of tax determination in SAP.

FI set up:

Tax procedure is assigned to Country code.

Tax code is maintained for Country code and Tax Procedure combination for an Account Key(MWS for output tax).(Tcode FTXP)

SD set up:

Tax category(MWST) is assigned to Country code. Remember MWST is present in the pricing pro and not in the Tax determination procedure.

Condition Record(VK11) :

Here we link MWST Cond type with the tax code.

Mat. Tax Classification+Cust Tax Classfication+Tax %+Tax Code

Tax code is a mandatory field in VK11 record.

Tax % has be to in sync with the Tax % maintained for the tax code in FI. If a random value is entered it will given an error.

Tax % can have a value either "0" or % value that is specified in FI while maintaining tax code.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thanks,

Kishor

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What country is this for? I've had to work on some Canadian tax changes in the past and it's a bit confusing. Here are some screenshots that I saved for my own reference, hopefully it will clarify the linkage. This is FTXP for one of the CA provinces - note that Tax Code and Valid from are important as well as the rate, of course:

This is he corresponding VK11, note that it also has Tax Code that should match with FTXP entries (as well as country/region, of course):

This entry is for the pricing condition CTXJ, conditions may differ based on the country. In this example the rate was changing stating from 4/1/2013, so I updated FTXP, expired existing condition entries and created new ones effective from that date.

If there is still an issue make sure to check the pricing determination analysis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear, can anybody have any updates?

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you maintained the Tax Code in the condition records created thro VK11? The tax rates maintained in FTXP for this tax code will be determined in the item conditions tab for the corresponding tax conditions.