Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idmv_value_basic vs idmv_value_basic_active

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I don't know if its an issue or my understanding is wrong.

select attrname,searchvalue from idmv_value_basic_active where mskey = 12345 => fetches me 16 rows

select attrname,searchvalue from idmv_value_basic where mskey = 12345 => fetches me 45 rows

I thought idmv_value_basic and idmv_value_basic_active to fetch me same data for a given user.

I would like to know the difference between the views and why no of attributes is less than other for same user?

System details:

Version: IDM 7.2 SP9

Database level: Patch 7

Runtime patch: Patch 4

Database: MS SQL 2012

Please let me know if more information is required. TIA

Kind regards,

Jaisuryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaisuryan,
                    I checked our internal reference material and the definition of the views is as below ->

idmv_value_basic => Active and inactive values.  Excludes expired values. Joins with mxi_attributes

idmv_value_basic_active =. Active values. Joins with mxi_attributes. Excludes expired values

possibly cross check with mxi_attributes and see if there is anything unexpected.

Regards,

Chris

SAP IdM AGS Support

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris,

I'd love to see some of that information officially added to the IDM Schema document. Right now we could find that out using tools to map databases (SQL Server has a basic one built in) but this information can be helpful when trying to figure out what table or view is best to use in a given scenario.

Would I post this in the idea place?

Thanks,

Matt

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt - sure that would be a good idea for our documentation developers. I'll bring it up internally also and see what the possibilities are.

Thanks,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

The Active view adds an additional filter that will only show users who are active in the system. This is documented somewhere (I can't recall the document) But you can also look at one of Chris Krabsetsve's great blogs.

Hope this helps!

Matt

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Yes, that was exactly my understanding as well. The user with mskey 12345 is an active user (which means MX_INACTIVE is not set for this user). So I thought the user's attributes to be fetched in both the views. But idmv_value_basic fetched more than double attributes for the user than idmv_value_basic_active. Not sure why other 20+ attributes are not fetched in idmv_value_basic_active view.

Kind regards,

Jaisuryan

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaisuryan,

Good question.  I think you'd have to open an OSS note and ask that question of the IDM developers.

Regards,

Matt