cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira and Salesforce

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use Salesforce as my datasource for the SAP Lumira 30 free trial version of the application.  Even though I am able to login to Salesforce on my desktop, I get an driver error saying either my Username, Password, or Security token is invalid.  Any idea whats going on here?  I am trying to make this connection to evaluate whether or not my company should purchase SAP Lumira.  Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the warning "Driver error: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out." will be coming from the receiver, in this case Salesforce.com

I searched using the above terms, and there is talk of "passwords needing a Salesforce Security Token" - but I have no idea how that might look, or how it's configured in the connection string.. (as i'm not a SF user)

However, keeping it simple - Do you have any characters in your password that might be interpreted wrongly? Could you change your password to straight alphanumerics and try again?

Regards,
H

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Go through this link you get some ideas.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F00000008vEeIAI

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.  I got it to work.  I'm using a generic driver as I am pointing to sandbox and had not entered some things correctly.  I was using the security token in the jdbc url mistakenly.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

many thanks for getting back to us, glad to hear it was resolved.

if at all poss, i'd be really interested to see how that token is parameterised in the logon string - is it declare like a port?  say, host: www.saleforce.com:1234

cheers,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

You said you are using a generic driver, did you get that driver from Salesforce.com, we are having same issue with connecting and would like to replicate your setup.

Thanks,

Jeff

Raghu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Jon,

i am not sure about your association with SAP.

As a developer, would you like to share your extension to the open source community for people to get benefit from this? you can find more information on how to contribute to github here... and Extensions

if you are a partner, would like to build a complete product and sell it via one of the SAP Store front so other customers can benefit from it, you can contact me raghuraman.ramakrishnan@sap.com . we can talk about this.

thanks

Raghu

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please could you attach a screenshot of where the error, it would be good to see how you're setting up the connection

regards,

H