Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDocs for Notification and Work Order messages to third party software

former_member193016
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Our client have a third party software in which he intends to manage the Notifications for PM. Now he wants that, when the Notification is created into SAP, the Notification number from SAP to be sent to the third-party software. Also, from the WO created from the Notification, to the third party software have to be sent the WO number and the status of the WO and, each time the status of the WO is changed, the new status have to be sent to the third party software, until the status of the WO is TECO.

Please, can you help me, I am totally uninitiated of the IDocs and I don't know if there are some standard IDocs that can be used for this and how to manage them.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

Sorin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorin, 

There are idoc types INOTIF and IORDER available but please refer to SAP note 812542 which states that the recommended way of transferring the data to third party software is to make use of the available BAPIs. Please note, the mentioned idocs will not benefit from future developments, but they

will still be  supported in their current state. 

However, please refer to the existing PM BAPIs in transaction BAPI. Specifically BAPI_ALM_ORDER_GET_DETAIL and BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_GET_DETAIL can be used to read
data from the order and notifications. This data can then be exported in a way that suits your requirements.

I hope this helps,

Siobhan

Answers (0)