cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emulators for testing mobile web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am developing mobile web dynpro applications and need emulators to run them. Can anyone suggest the URLs to download the emulators (Pocket PC, BlackBerry, and Nokia series 80). As I do not have the real device to test the applications, I need the emulators badly to test the applications.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

you find the links to the emulators here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/b2b0c072-0901-0010-ec93-ad7df... [original link is broken]

Regards

Frank

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the followiong error when I am trying to deploy the application on desktop browser (SAP J2EE Server)

<b>Error: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to create deployable object 'local/TutWD_Mobile' since it is not of a Web Dynpro object</b>

Have downloaded the developed application (TutWD_Mobile, is a mobile web dynpro application) from sap site and trying to deploy it on the browser.

Is anyone experienced the same problem, please let me know the solution if anyone has any idea about this.

Thanks and Regards,

Kishore.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes it happens manytimes. If your Tut application is developed in some other version than that of you are trying to deploy. I tried deploying some webservice Tut files but was getting the error because i was on NWDS 2004, i upgraded to NWDS 7.0.13 and my prob got solved. Try upgrading.

This mainly happens because of some of the APIs, some library contents that your Tut file calling is unknown to older version.

Hope it helps to you.

Regards,

Ameya Pimpalgaonkar. madeitsimple

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I replied to the question in the post referred by Frank above.

Divya's answer about installing a JVM on the device is not relevant here. This is required only for offline applications using the Mobile Infrastructure (which are not running on Blackberrys anyway), not for online applications developed with Mobile Web Dynpro.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Your answere solved my question partially. I have downloaded blackberry simulator along with JDE and installed on my system. But I do not know how to run the mobile webdynpro application in simulator. In case of desktop browser, I use to deploy the application from sap netweaver developer studio (IDE facilates to run it directly), it is enough of having the .ear file for running in NWDS(netweaver developer studio), but which file I have to select if I want to run it in BlackBerry simulator.

Please let me know the answer if you have any idea on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

sorry i am not using BlackBerry,only Windows mobile.

There i only have to enter the URL of the WD-Application into the Device Browser of the simulator.

I noticed from this threads that Vikram has the same problem as you.

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=2033248&messageID=3259667

Perhaps you can watch this thread and get a solution for blackberry.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Apart from installing the emulators you also need to download JVM for the emulators based on Windows(PDA) and Synbian OS(Nokia). not needed in case of Blackberry.

find the JVm called CrEme in nsicom site

http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=159

i suggest download CrEme 3.27

Regards

Divya