Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice tolerance % and value check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Happy New year to everyone.

I have to work on invoice tolerance check where i need to check the vendor invoice against a PO value.

This check as per standard SAP can be done either on certain % or certain value for example <= 5% or <= 10GBP

But i would like to have both the checks done.

Example

If i have an invoice whose difference is >5% and the amount difference is less than 10GBP it should not be blocked.

if i have an invoice whose difference is >5% and >10GBP it should be blocked.

how can this be done?

Is there any user exit i can use?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can done in the t.code.OMRX.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Thanks for quick reply.

could you please explain me how this works?

i had a look into this transaction code and see negative differences, positive differences and invoice reduction.

dont know how it works though.

Also are these tolerance limits for MIRO postings and 3 ways check with good receipt?

Thanks

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below explanation for the above t.code.

In this step, you define tolerance groups for each company code. You can assign these tolerance groups to each vendor in the vendor master record.
You can define the following tolerances:

Total-based acceptance

• If the difference is within the tolerance range, the system automatically generates a difference line on a neutral income/expense account for small differences for invoices with debit/credit differences when posting the invoice.

Total-based invoice reduction

• If the difference is within the tolerance range, the system posts the difference to a clearing account and generates a credit memo in a second document to clear this.

The system uses the following logic:

1. 1. The system determines the difference between the net invoice amount (= gross invoice amount less taxes and unplanned delivery costs) and the net total of the items.

1. If the net invoice amount is the greater, the difference is positive; if the net invoice amount is the smaller, the difference is negative.
    1. 2.

Negative differences:

a) If the negative difference is smaller than the absolute

negative small difference limit

defined, the system generates a posting to a small differences account for this difference.
      b) If the negative difference is greater than the absolute small difference limit defined, the system checks if the absolute difference is smaller than the lower of the

absolute

1. and

percentage lower limits

If this is the case, the system creates a posting to a small differences account.

If this is not the case, the system cannot post the invoice.

Positive differences:

a) If the positive difference is smaller than the

positive small difference limit

defined, the system generates a posting to a small differences account for this difference.
      b) If the positive difference is greater than the positive small difference limit defined and the

Check limit

field is

not

selected for total-based invoice reduction, the system checks whether the positive difference is smaller than the lower of the

absolute

and

percentage upper limits

If this is the case, the system creates a posting to a small differences account.

c) If the positive difference is greater than the positive small difference limit defined and the

Check limit

field is selected for

total-based invoice reduction

, the system checks if the difference is smaller than the lower of the

absolute

and

percentage upper limits

for total-based invoice reduction.

If this is the case, the system generates a posting to a clearing account for invoice reduction and creates a credit memo document.

The system does not try to reduce the invoice based on the total in the following cases:

- If you manually reduced an invoice item

- If you manually accepted a difference in the document header

- If you entered a credit memo
    In these cases, the system checks directly whether it can accept the positive difference.

Activities

Specify

• Up to which amount the system should automatically clear a balance when a balance exists
  • How the system should post the difference

Further notes

If the system can create a small difference, it posts this difference to the account specified in account determination for transaction DIF.
See: Configure Automatic Postings

If no tolerance group is assigned to a vendor or if no tolerances have been specified for the assigned tolerance group, the system creates a difference line if the difference is smaller than the tolerance defined for tolerance key BD.
See: Set Tolerance Limits

Example

There is an invoice in the system to be posted; the vendor-specific tolerances are defined for the invoicing party as follows:

Total-based acceptance of negative differences
- Check absolute lower limit: 200.00-
- Check percentage lower limit: 4.00 %
- Check negative small difference: 10.00-

Total-based acceptance of positive differences
- Check positive small difference: 5.00
- Check absolute upper limit: 30.00
- Check percentage upper limit: 2.00 %

Total-based invoice reduction
- Do not check absolute and percentage upper limits

The invoice value expected by the system is 4000.

Gross Small
inv. amount
differenceBalanceExplanation
3992yes0 2 a)
3925yes0 2 b)
3820no 180-2 b) percentage lower limit violated
4004yes0 3 a)
4025yes0 3 b)
4035no 353 b) absolute upper limit violated

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muktar,

Thank you for the explanation, i spoke to the business about this solution but they are not comfortable since it needs changing the vendor master.

They want to use OMR6 and still want to set the block based on both the value AND percentage and not either OR.

is there any other way to do this?

Thanks