cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access SICF service without authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a service in SICF. In the Logon Data tab, I have mentioned the procedure as "Required with Logon Data".

I have mentioned the service user in the logon data.

My requirement is to access this service from a different system without entering userid and password as I have already mentioned the same in the service.

But everytime I am trying to access the service it asks for the user id and password.

Am I missing something?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

I think its a common misconception to expect that service will be accessible anonymously because the text says "Required with Logon data".

By making this setting, you are infact instructing the server to allow login only if the userid/password matches the logon data that you have supplied in the configuration, in other words, the userid/password would be requested regardless.

This is explained in the documentation here.

To carry out activities that you are trying to do, I would suggest that you read and understand Authentication concepts here.

The above documentation will help you understand what you need for your scenario.

You may need to implement SSO configuration as suggested in the documentation, which one will depend on your requirement.

Regards,

Siddhesh