cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network is only supported in WinGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have Ubantu OS and I am trying to load the data in info set and when I try to load it error message is come " Network is only supported in WinGUI".

So please give solution.

Thanks

Mitul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

There are some things that only work in the Windows version of SAPgui. The Java version on MacOS & Linux is not quite fully functional. If you need to use the network viewer I'm afraid the only solution is to use the Windows GUI.

I keep a Windows virtual machine on my Mac for these situations. I have to use it only rarely, but sometimes there is no alternative.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sir,

Now I am trying to load same data on windows.

again thanks

Mitul

former_member384109
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve have a question...

My company has Linux installed on every computer  and no Windows OS than what can be the alternate solution...there has to be some solution from the linux environment..as there is no permission to install the Windows OS on VM ware also...

Please reply as i have searched it a lot on net but couldn't find the correct guidance.

Regards,

Ankit

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Linux workstations you can install SAP GUI for Java instead of SAP GUI for Windows. The SAP NetWeaver app server can be installed on Linux as well, so you don't need any Windows o/s to run a SAP system in your network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I said above, if you need to use the network viewer then Windows is your only choice I'm afraid. It simply doesn't work with the JavaGUI on linux.

Steve.

former_member384109
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

My working platform is IDES ECC 6.7. does that cause a problem? my server os is Linux and client os is ubuntu 12.04LTS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has nothing to do with the server platform, and everything to do with the desktop platform. Some SAPgui features work only in the Windows SAPgui, and this is one of them.

Steve.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said, SAP GUI for Java runs on Linux so it can run on Ubuntu. However, as Steve said, SAP GUI for Java doesn't have the "network viewer" capability. I was not aware of this limitation.

Answers (0)