cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery consolidation in ECC6 EHP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've found that there is a delivery consolidation function in SAP Business One (collect deliveries for a chain's subsidiaries into one delivery which is sent to the chain's HQ, a kind of pre-cross-docking).... the process would perfectly fit to my needs.

Anyone knows if there is a similar function in ECC6 EHP7?

I'd be glad to get proposals on how to handle such a process, if anyone already implemented such one.

Thanks a lot

BR

Kurt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

Will be helpful, if you could give little more clarity on the document flow that you are looking for?

in other words, do you want to club multiple orders and create on single delivery doc..?

Please clarify

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jobi,

no, it's not about orders, it's about deliveries.

Let's explain like this:

Customer 123 and customer 456 are subsidiaries of customer 999. For customer 123 I have created the delivery ABC, customer 456 gets delivery DEF.

The two deliveries are picked/packed and goods issue posted.

What I would like to do now is to combine the two deliveries into a new delivery and send them to customer 999 (the distribution center of the customers). This is a kind of preparation for the customer's cross docking process.

Hope this helps...

BR

Kurt

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

In ECC, there is customer hierarchy function.  That functionality may be helpful to handle this requirement. I am not well versed in it.

Here let me assume that, for example you deliver 10 goods to 123, and 20 goods to 456.

then you want to have a delivery showing 30 goods in the name of 999. 

Even by using partner functions, this may be met. But then the there will be slight change in the overall process as it will be a single order but shipping (delivery) at 2 different places.

Here have 999 as the sold to party, then assign 123 and 456 as item wise ship to parties.

Hope you are well versed with partner functions in ECC

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jobi

thanks for your reply.

I've checked your proposal about the customer hierarchy function, but it seems to be related to invoicing, not to shipping.

As we receive the customer's orders by IDoc, I can't change the process either.

Thanks anyway.

BR

Kurt

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

I am not aware of your business process..

If you give the complete process from order to bill, and the partner function details (customer - SP,SH,PY and BP) at each document, then we can understand it better and suggest some solution.

In SAP, how is customer no. 999, connected to 123 & 456..?

There is delivery group function in SAP . Tcode VG01.  Check that too.

Reg

Jobi