cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 5.0: Transport Project Management Templates and Portfolio Management Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there any posibility to transport the Project Management Tempaltes and Portfolio Management Templates from the development system to the other systems (QA and productive).

I've linked a Portfolio Management Template to a Project Management Template in customizing in the development system. For maintenance reasons I don't want to create the templates or change them in every system every time.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Fabian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fabian,

Unfortunately this is not possible. You will have to maintain in each system

Regards,

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chatsworth,

thank you very much for your reply.

In my opinon this should be a feature in future releases.

Kind regards

Fabian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

This has been request in PPM customer connection for 2015. So if you can wait until this is developed it maybe available in standard. Hopefully for v5.0 as well.

https://influence.sap.com/D7871

former_member226598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fabian,

We have a work around. But, this requires Microsoft Projects.

1. Create an operative Project from the template in System 1.

2. Download the Project in to MSP.

3. Upload the Project from MSP to the target, System 2.

4. Create a Template from the Operative Project in System 2.

BR,

Manjunadh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manjunadh,

thank you very much for your suggestion. Unfortunately we don't use MS Project.

I've now created the the project template and the item template on our QA system. They're now have the same settings, ID, description, etc. like in the development system.

I've also set the mapping for the project template to the item template in the customizing (See the attached screenshot).

The project creation from the PPM item does work very well in our development system.

Then I've transported the customizing of the above mentioned points (screenshot) to our QA system (with all the other customizing for PPM which I've done in the development system). Then I've checked the customizing there and the mapping settings weren't transported correctly.

For example the entries in the table /RPM/CPIT_MAP  are missing:

DEV:

QA:

I've already created a new transport that contains only the mapping settings with no success.

All other things, that I've set in the customizing are working in the QA system (item configuration, CO integration, etc.).

Does anybody know this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Fabian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian

You need to open up QA and maintain these mappings directly there...it would be the same for when you want to work in PRD

All the template entries that you create update the tables with their respective GUID values and these cannot be transported. Hence you are having this issue

To summarise therefore...all the objects that you create via the UI (Buckets, Templates) you can typically not transport nor any reference to them

Regards,

C