Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Support Package in ESR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Good day!

We have 2 PI landscapes, to both landscapes we have to apply TaxYearEnd patching/SNOTES.

SAP has released latest ESR content with the support pack 84 for the TaxYearEnd.

In one landscape the current support package for the SAP HR software component version is SP 83. So, I can directly apply the latest package (SP 84). It is clear

But, in other landscape the current support package for the SAP HR software component version is SP 75.

Now my question is

Can I directly apply the latest package (SP 84) on SP 75? or should I start applying the previous packages in the order like SP 76, SP 77 ….SP 83, SP 84 ?

Thanks,

Jeevitha G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeevitha ,

Ideally it should be SP 76, SP 77 ….SP 83, SP 84...

Thanks

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

There are two different approaches depending what you want to do:

- Update the SP for the SAP_HR software component on the SAP ECC system: Since the SP will be updated on an ABAP system you will have to import all the SP levels from 75 to 84, so your import queue will have the SP76, SP76, SP77, ... , SP84.

- Update the SP for the ESR software component on the SAP PI system: Since the ESR component is on the JAVA stack of the PI system, you can import only the last SP available and you don't have to import all the SP as in the example I gave you before.

Best regards.