Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming Different Quantity for 201 movement type

michelleb87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

We have other departments that order stock from the warehouse using the MIGO transaction and 201 movement type to cost centre, which is then displayed as a negative in the 911 storage bin. The warehouse then convert this to a transfer order to pick. On some occasions, the warehouse may need to over or under pick the item. Is there a way that the 911 area can automatically adjust, so that negatives or extra stock are not left behind after the transfer order is confirmed?

Thanks

MB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you allow to post the goods issue earlier than the picking is done, then you have to follow this and should not decide to pick less or more.

There is no automatism in standard, you have to program it yourself.

But honestly, as a cost center I would not like to get debited for something that I do not get.

If you clear the 911 area, then the costs (gain or loss) will not go to the cost center where you had done the picking with difference. So this would require a extra  manual adjustment in CO module.

Better is to reverse the 201 movement and post a new 201 movement with the correct quantity.

This will actually automatic clear the difference in 911.

If you don't what you can pick, then you should consider to turn the process, let the people create TRs instead of directly doing MIGO with 201, create a TO an pick, finally do the goods issue in MM.

michelleb87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you, that was my assumption.

The issue was mostly caused by departments ordering part packs when warehouse can only supply in full, so it looks like we need to get the ordering quantities correct up front.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

How frequent you encounter such scenarios?

At bottom line, the stock differences (either negative or extra stocks) need to be cleared through physical inventory process and the clearance can be posted using transaction LI21.

In order to get it done automatically you will need to develop custom logic in exit 'L_INV_COUNT_EXT'.

BR

Karthik