Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP: Import TR with tp and user <sapaccount>

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

if we transport with tp on os level in AIX, user sidadm is stored as transport user in SAP (in import history - Display more - user).

The import history is a structure, so I can't get the table, where this information is stored.

I would like to use "tp import TR SID pf=.... client=... U0" and additionally give the user (name of sapuseraccount). If I transport with tp like this, user siadm is stored.

Is there a possible option for tp like 'username=' or does anybody know, where the information "user" is stored (table or cofile or ???) ?

With function module TR_READ_GLOBAL_INFO_OF_REQUEST I can't see this information in cofile.

Regards,

Julia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia ,

As you are in AIX , why not create individual user -ids matching that of the userids in SAP for users who are authorized to Transport the TR's .]

Use table E070 ( Fileld : AS4USER ) to get the details

Thanks ,

Manu

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manu,

this is we're thinking about too, but this user needs SAP environment and authorizations and all these things...

Table E070 - good hint, but AS4USER is owner of the transport - not the user who did the import into the system...

Regards,

Julia

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies Julia

How about table TPALOG Field : ADMIN?

Thanks ,

Manu

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manu,

great - this is the right table!

Thank you!

So we can go on from this and think about the best way for us 🙂

Regards,

Julia

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Julia ..

Good Luck 🙂

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Watch out, table TPALOG is not directly updated by TP.

It's content is updated with the information from TP logs by a call to FM TRINT_FI_FILL_ALOG_CACHE when you refresh import queue in the STMS transaction.

Just after importing an order with tp at OS level there will be no entry in TPALOG

Best regards

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yves,

thank you for your hint.

It's even the question if TPALOG reads its information from ALOG* and it would be therefore better to update ALOG-File instead of TPALOG.

So I think there are complex relationsships in what is done when stms_import runs. As far as I don't know which files and tables are updated in standard SAP process I won't update tables or files by myself.

The idea with custom tables like Graham advised could be a way.

Regards,

Julia

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally import history is being read from the table TPALOG.

ADMIN is the field name from where it fetches the 'who imported the Transport'

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies Julia

How about table TPALOG Field : ADMIN?

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

At OS level you will be executing tp command using sidadm user and hecne you are seeing the same in abap stms transaction. I believe you know that tp is an exe that comes along with sap kernel.

If you have many requests, then its always better to add them to buffer using tp command, but to import always use stms_import transaction because error handling is much easier in abap than at os level.

Regards,

Nikhil

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello NIkhil,

thanks for your answer.

I know it's better to transport with STMS in ABAP than on os level. I don't want to discuss the sense or nonsense of this action.

If you know if the wanted information is stored in any other places than in /usr/sap/trans/log/ALOG*.<SID> in combination with SLOG*.<SID> or if you know where structure STMSIQREQ gets its information from, I appreciate your answer.

Regards,

Julia

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge there is no TP option to specify the user.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

I'm not sure where you find it, but the userid is set whilst the TMS system is being set up or initialized.  Why do you want to specify a userid when performing a transport at the OS?  Why can't you use STMS for the import?

Regards,

Graham

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

I want to specify this that it can be allocated who did that transport. Sidadm is an universal user.

I know that it's better to transport via STMS, but in some situations tp is the faster and fail-safe way.

So, if you know where sidadm is set for column user I appreciate your answer 🙂

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ef/09745ec0c011d2b437006094b9ea64/content.htm?frame...Hi Julia,

Ok, I understand what you are trying to do now.  I've not used this, but you might try triggering a function in SAP and pass it a userid as a parameter.  Take a look at the link above.

Rgds,

Graham

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Graham,

this could be a nice idea to do this with events, but I still need to know where to pass userid.

Where has it got to be stored? In a SAP table? In metadata of transportfiles?

Where does structure STMSIQREQ gets the information for field name ADMIN and data element TMSADMIN?

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, you might be able to do this by writing a script of your own which calls tp and then writes a user id and transport number to an OS file.  The script could then trigger a SAP event which runs a batch program which reads said file periodically and writes to a custom table the information you need.  Then you could write a report which displays information from this file.

Try that

Regards,

Graham

PS, as everyone else has said, tp runs as the <SID>adm user, so how you might call it from another userid is not clear to me.