Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with inspection type-QM

suresh_arumugam3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on business requirement I have created a new inspection type with 08 inspection lot origin, let say 08B for stock transfer from one plant to another plant. We have another inspection type with same inspection lot origin, say for ex.08A.

Changes moved into development client, I followed below steps for stock transfer,

08B was assigned and activated in quality view of the material master.

Transfer posting done hence inspection lot was created with same inspection type, so working fine in development client.

The  same TR moved to quality client, transfer posting done but getting another inspection type 08A ( i did not assigned the inspection type in the material master even system giving 08A inspection type inspection type in place of 08B)

I have verified configuration in quality client with development client both are exactly matching.

Can anyone suggest to come over the issue?

Regards,

A.Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

This is not a common scenario!! Please can you try removing 08B and adding 08 only in your material master and test with some transfer posting and suggest what did you see.

In the Configuration node Anand is suggesting, check the variant preference as below -

01 - Assign Inspection type "08"

02 - Assign Inspection type "08A"    (Already available when you created new inspection type 08B)

03 - Assign inspection type "08B".

Thanks,

Arijit

suresh_arumugam3
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Arijith,

I have done these settings already, but not working.

Thanks for the comments.

A.Suresh

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If both the system config is same but still this issue is not resolved only in quality client, then please can you check if your TR movement has happened successfully. Else, I am not very sure but you may need to check with technical team to find the real cause here.

Thanks,

Arijit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess that this should have some connection to preferred inspection type. Did you tick on preferred inspection type check-box in material master for inspection type 08A? Try by doing that! Another check you can execute is - Check the variant setting preferences in customizing for inspection lot generation.

Anand

suresh_arumugam3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the comments.

Preferred inspection type and Active check boxes were activated already.

The issue is, the configuration is working in development client but it is showing another inspection type 08A (wrong) in Quality client.

Regards,

A.Suresh

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok! Ideally then this should not happen. What about variant preferences in configuration? Both are same in DEV and QA also?