cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change date format in Cross tab (default DD/MM/YYYY)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm using Cross-tabs in Design Studio to show data in tabluar form.

The date format used in the cross-tab is default to format DD/MM/YYYY.

I'm using SAP BEx Query as datasource.

We are using replication of BW user into SAP Business Objects and login into SAP Business Objects via Single-Sign on (LDAP and Windows AD).

When running the query in SAP Portal, Analysis for Office or other tools the date format is following my settings on my SAP BW user.

--> This is defined via transaction SU01 --> My user ID --> tab Defaults.

--> My default date format is DD.MM.YYYY

For some reason the dates in Cross-tab is displayed in format DD/MM/YYYY no matter what I have tried to do.

I have checked the following:

• My BO user do not have any settings that might indicate that DS should use this format
  • I have checked my Internet Explorer and there is no settings for this there either
  • I have checked Design Studio and haven't found any settings in DS or in Cross-tab component where I can specify the date format

Has anybody seen this behaviour before and knows how the date format can be changed?

regards

Oddmar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/message/16455385#16455385

Can you check this post about some files  are correct in the inst. Directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I think we have found a solution to this problem. We added a prefix to the opendocument-string and added the same prefiks in the Business Objects iview.

Se Attached files for solution

Please let me know if this solved Your problem.

Kind regards Per Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Per Christian,

I see that you are using SAP Portal for your reporting.

Do you know or have you tested this approach when using BI Launchpad as reporting Portal?

br

Oddmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do anyone know if this will be fixed in design studio 1.5. The release says multi-language support, but I'm not sure what that means.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - from what we saw last week at ASUG Annual Conference, I think it will also depend on whether you use the latest BI Platform - not just DS 1.5 - see below:

Source: SAP

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christen,

This is an excellent approach to design cross tab  using design studio  in 4.1

Regards

Asish

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same Issue. If I Change the settings in BI Launchpad to danish or Swedish the change take effect, but not for the Norwegian settings. Is there anybody with solution for this. Webi ducuments present the correct fomat, but not Design Studio. We run BO 4.1 and DS 1.4 sp01

The most correct settings that is similar to Norwegian is German settings, but then the contextmenu are displayed in german language.

Kind regards

Per Christian Næss

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Per - looking at the latest PAM for Design Studio - see https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100018972812014E I don't think Norwegian is supported; could that be the reason/cause?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swedish or Danish is not supported either, but we can use region settings for these

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an example of the issue.

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Oddmar,

design studio in current release (1.4) is taking the date / time formats from user locale which is set by your browser. You are probably in EN, therefore the English formatting is taken.

see admin help, https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100018707472014E/ds14_admin_bip_en.pdf

8.4 Regional Formats for Numbers, Dates and Times

The format for numbers, dates and times varies according to the defined language setting in the BI launch pad or

the Web browser.

● If you define a language in the BI launch pad under Preferences Locales and Time Zone Preferred

Viewing Locale , this language is used, and numbers, dates and times are displayed in the appropriate

format.

● If you select Use browser locale under Preferences Locales and Time Zone Preferred Viewing Locale ,

the Web browser language is used, and numbers, dates and times are displayed in the appropriate format.

--> this means the SU01 settings are not evaluated (yet, as probably this extension needs to come at some time, not sure if for BIP deployment as this one can be used against many ABAPs.).

Karol

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for hint.

I have played around with changing lanuage setting in Internet Explorer and kept the setting in BI Launchpad to Use Browser Locale, but the format has been MM/DD/YYYY no matter what language I select in Internet Explorer.

I have also played around with changing language in BI Launchpad under

Preferences --> Locales and Time Zone Preferred --> Viewing Locale

To different types of lanuages (English, German and Norwegian) and the only language that actually gives me the date format DD.MM.YYYY is the German lanugage.

Even though German is selected, all tooltips and messages and general language in BI Launchpad is still in English (this is the way we want it to be).

Is there any way of changing the setting under

Preferences --> Locales and Time Zone Preferred --> Viewing Locale

in BI Launchpad for all users, so that each individual user don't have to do this manually?

regards

Oddmar