cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transfer actual cost one wbs element to other wbs element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have created project and created level 1 wbs element then i book the actual cost for level 1 wbs element.

Then same project i have created level 2 wbs elements, i want to transfer the actual cost from level one to level 2 wbs elements.

Example : level 1 SS-0000001

level 2 SS-0000001-M

here i have booked the actual cost (PO/FI)  wbs element is SS-0000001, then i want to transfer wbs element level SS-0000001 to level 2 SS-0000001-M.

i am trying to post through in tcode KB15N but it's asking enter cost element.

please suggest on this process.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you check with FICO consultant in your team for the same. he would be able to better answer on it.

Regards,

Sanjeev

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

You can do the transfer of cost using KB11N or KB15N or Journal Entry FB01.  As KB15N/KB11N are CO transactions you need to specify the Cost elements for re-posting the actual cost..

And in FB01 you need to specify the GLs..

You can use the same CEs which were used to book the Cost for the first WBS or else you can take help from your FICO guys to get the correct CE/GL to do the re-postings..

Regards

Sammar

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

Is it something you did by mistake and need a one time correction or something you want as a permanent process?

Before jumping to technical solutions (that are many) it is important to answer it first.

I recommend to keep account assignment indicators only for lowest level WBS-elements once this is corrected and if considered as a mistake.

Regards,

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

If you are defining any process like this then :-

Use Transaction KB11N and select Scrn Var "05" which is WBS element/network to transfer cost from one wbs to another wbs.

else to avoid this type of mistak i also recommend to keep account assignment indicators only for lowest level WBS-elements not for all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for reply, but we are using account assignment category is "Q". if we assign act. assignment category is "P" it' allow to transfer the cost.

when acct.assignment category provide "Q" pick the GL's is current asset and if we assign acct.assignment "P" pick the consumption gl's.

Please suggest.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

The account assignment category has no role in re-postings.. The re-postings is done to change the actual cost on the cost object..

The account assignment only determines which cost objects gets hit once you do the GR/GI..

Regards

Sammar

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

You need to go for Journal Entry FB01 or Settlement to another WBS element or Try in KB11N.

Kindly search online, you will get lot of options

Regards

Terence