cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign more than 99 condition tables in an access sequence?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to assign 99 condition tables in an access sequence. but as per the client requirement we need to assign 120 condition tables.How can i do this? Please reply <text removed, to lower to priority>

thanks

Srinivas

Message was edited by Moderator: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it sounds very extreme scenario and requirement to have more than 99 combinations in a condition ( price ). But if there is not room for improvement or you cannot convince the client to redesign his pricing then maybe you could use a second condition with some condition exclution e.t.c. to meet the requirement.

It depends of course of the exact need.

BR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Did you find the solution for the above scenairo, if yes can you please share to the community.

VNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

definetely, there must be room for improvement !. Sit and review key combinations. Bear in mind that so many accesses will impact performance ...

Regards,

JM

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

In the same lines as JP, 120 tables in an access sequence...this is a huge number of tables! This is for what condition type (price, discount etc.) What are these tables? and will condition records be maintained for all these tables?

Give a business scenario which will make use of this condition type. Thanks!

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its Pricing Condition, its having 120 key combinations. How can we accommodate all these tables in a single access sequence?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you read about this limitation of 99 (where?) or did you get an error message while trying to add table 100?

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard PR00 condition type system will show approximately three key combinations if I am not wrong.

Can you please share the screen shot. so we will have a better clarification for further assistance.

Thanks,

Krishna.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is the technical evidence for the 99:

The access number within an access sequence is a numeric field 2 digit long.

So it is a technical limitation.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Thanks for this interesting post! and Jurgen's input is also appreciated!

120 condition tables! It is difficult to imagine that so many tables will be needed. You must be having these tables (information) in a document e.g. excel sheet. Could you please past it here? It will certainly be a learning to go through it.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW,

I have analyze all combinations, its not possible to trim down tables.

Is there any alternative method to achieve this. Pls. suggest.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen....

I knew, there is a limit upto 99. But as per my client pricing requirement, i need to accommodate 120 tables in an access sequence.

Srinivas

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is usually no way around such technical limitations. There are many other examples like the limit of 999 items per accounting document, the 5 digit integer alternative unit conversion, the 500 condition tables, the maximum number of digits for the value in a purchase order.

Did you already ask SAP Support?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But as per my client pricing requirement, i need to accommodate 120 tables in an access sequence.

It is a known fact that all clients will demand whatever they want which is not possible to address in SAP.  As a Functional Consultant, you should be able to convince the client the wrong process they expect from SAP.   I have seen many clients who demands many tcodes / reports initially and after some period of time, if we take a log of transactions used, it would be hardly 20% to 30%. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had come across similar scenario, but was able to cut down the steps in the access sequences.

You can check with SAP for any of their input.

Alternatively, proposal 1) still if you think, these many needed, then split the access sequences into half and assign to two different condition types (sure your customer won't like).

Proposal 2) If your client is not in US, you can think about using the field Access type with value A, for certain fields in the table-keys details of the access sequence. By this way, you have limited key combination that can satisfy different combinations.

Note that you may need to check with SAP on using this functionality as in US, SAP asked its customers to move away on using this functionality due to legal issue.

Regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share the combination of fields used in those condition table?

Who suggested 120 key combination for access sequence, you or client?

Thanks,

JP