cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MRS Resource Planning Nodes in DPD Gantt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created HR structure and linked my PM work centers to the appropriate HR Org nodes.  Work centers have also been transferred with /MRSS/SGE_PN_MNT.  When I select an HR Org node in MRS my demand(s) appear and look good.

I am using the DPD Gantt ... scheduling at the work center level.  I cannot view my work center capacity in the Planning Nodes section of the DPD Gantt.  I have tried right clicking and adding the planning node(s) manually but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stewart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stewart

If I understand you properly, you can see your demands but you cannot view your resources. I can make some guesses but I am not sure this will help: Have you checked your user settings (see the attachment)? (See below) Make sure that "Display Resources" has been selected.

Let's see if this will help. If not, we may try other things.

Regards

Savas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savas

Thanks for the reply.

-  I do have these boxes checked

-  I also have the Visible Objects->Display of Demand set up with

- Capacity View set for middle

- Dispatching view set for bottom

I can see the assignments in the dispatching view but cannot see the loading in the Capacity view.  I am surprised that I get one and not the other. I have transferred the work center using

Thanks

Stewart

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stewart

Some questions and suggestions:

1) Is this happening for PM Orders or are you using MRS for something else, like PS NW etc.?

2) Which transaction are you using for planning board? (/MRSS/PLBOGEN or something else?)

3) Selection - Can you please send the screen shot of the initial selection screen? Run the selection without mentioning any demand number. Just enter the RP Node and dates.

4) in one project, I had a strange issue which was causing that the capacities cannot be viewed from within the planning board. The issue was caused by somehow MRS Queues were stuck in the que. Run SMQ1 transaction and take a look at the queues with a technical consultant if there are any MRS relevant queues stuck there. (This normally should not happen unless you are running MRS against remote systems but it happened to me, although my HR and my demand was in the same system.)

Cheers

Savas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using PLBOORG for the planning board.  As you can see from the screen print the work center assignments are being shown in the lower section but no loading is being displayed in the middle planning node section that should show the red line depicting the availability and the bars showing the capacity consumed.

It's PM orders that are being used.

If I update the work center capacity, specifically the start / end times and run /MRSS/SGE_PN_MNT the available times in the lower planning node section that shows the assigned work orders is updated.  So it looks as if the integration is working.

Thanks

Stewart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savas ... I tried running /MRSS/PLBOGEN ... in both MRS 8 & 9 and get a 'for internal use only message'.  When I add the TCode to my favourites the short text also reads 'For internal use only'.  What does it do?

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stewart

Sorry... My mistake, transaction that I mostly use is /MRSS/PLBOORGSRV

Have you had a chance to check transaction SMQ1 to see whether anything on the list is from MRS. (It is important to do this check if you are using any RFC, but even in our case, although we were not uising any RFC, somehow we had some items in the queue).

I have checked my notes again, we use MRS at the individual level, different from your case. But same issue, the capacity view was entirely blank. The solution came from OSS was removing the blocked items from the queue.

Otherwise, what I suggest is, writing it to OSS. 

Sorry mate. I don't know any other possible reasons for not having that...

Cheers

Savas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked SMQ1 and only BW entries were in the list (sandbox).  Strange that I can see the work center assignments but not the loading.  Hmmmm ... I'll go through the evaluation paths again and step thru the config (for the nth time).

Thanks for your help ... well done on the ODI today / yesterday, exciting stuff with 1 ball to spare.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Stewart, I have the same problem.

How did you solve it?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mrs900_nw/helpdata/en/9b/b81352150cb964e10000000a423f68/content.htm

The above link details how to setup the inbound queues ... let me know if Ok.

Stewart

0 Kudos

It worked! Thank you very much!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had to setup up queues in SMQS and SMQR after which the graphs displayed correctly.  Savas was right about the monitoring ... there just wasn't anything there to monitor.