cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual staging indicator 4 - control cycle use

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please help me understand what is the use of manual staging indicator 4 in pp-wm control cycles?

if I can manually create transfer order and move the material to the production line, then why do I need to achieve that using manual staging using control cycles? what advantage am i getting by this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the WM-PP interface is active then once you release the production order system creates Transfer requirement with referance to production order, you need to create transfer order with reference to TR and supply the required quantity to production supply area (100)

In case of manual indicator you can create a Transfer order without any reference to production order, the difference in between other and manual staging is that while other transfer order will have visibility that you transfer the goods against which production order with manual staging you don't have visibility of that

Please refer the below mentioned Matrix and Standard SAP link to get more detail

Ind

Staging indicator

Description

Pick list item

Components that are staged just for the single order based on Bill of Material.

Crate part

Components that are needed in production but don’t have to be on the Bill of Material. Typically frequently used materials such as water, nuts/bolts, corrugate, etc

Release order part

Components that can be staged across multiple orders based on Bill of Material

Manual staging

Replenishment of material without reference to production order

Not relevant for WM

Control Cycle - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Manish,

Release order part is also not against a production order , right?

so whats the difference between these two?

also lets say if i dont have wm - pp control cycle, I can still manually create a transfer order to move material to spply area. then why I need to create control cycle for manual staging ind 4?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Control cycle tells you exact bin location where you are supposed to transfer the stock in supply area

Release order part also you transfer against production order but instead of one production order you can club multiple order and transfer

Answers (0)