cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un-sporadic calculation with Croston - DP forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have implemented SCM system version 7.01 for our client in order to use DP and SNP modules.

We have an issue on DP today while calculating forecasts based on standard Croston method.

What is misleading here is that the issue depends on characteristics values, we use product, location and a specific one: aircraft.

As you can see on the attachment, for a given combination of product-location-aircraft, with history on the very first period, the forecast gives us a smooth identical consumption every month. Whereas if we postpone this history a month (or more) later, the result is in fact sporadic as expected.

If we keep the product-aircraft but change the location it works fine.

If we keep the product-location but change the aircraft it works fine.

This has been noticed in our production environment on only a few products, the only thing they have in common is the location (AN05), the aircraft (9999) and the fact that they all have a history on the first available month.

I know this isn't much but it might be enough to get started, I am at your disposal for any additional info you may need in order to help me find a solution to this problem.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just found a very similar case in our database of past cases.
As per our developer, only one non-zero historical data which is in the first period of the historical periods is really a special case. In this situation, historical data 4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 will generate forecasts 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4 as per standard design.
We do have a pilot note to handle this situation, but it will generate forecast as 4,0,4,0,4,0,4,0,4,0.

If this is your desired result, I can request our developer to put you as pilot customer of the note.
If this result is still not as expected, then according to our developer, you'll have to handle this special case by yourself using BADI.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ada,

Thanks for your quick and helpful answer, glad to know others have experienced this as SAP wouldn't analyse after seeing a specific lookup before the execution of the standard Croston batch.

Your pilot note seems worth a try as the generated forecast in this case would be what is expected!

Could we get in contact with your developer via email? (you can contact me on so.fi.ane.pe.br.e@gmail.com).

Thanks again.

Sofiane

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sofiane,

You can just let me know your customer id. I'll request our developer to do this for you.
Please send it to my mail ada.lv@sap.com .

Best Regards,
Ada

Answers (0)