cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Cost component structure with ML and Sales order stock

0 Kudos

Hello

I need some help.

In our Core model, Material Ledger is already activated.

For some companies, price determination is 3S and cost component structure is M1.

For ONE company (cc = 1500), price determination is 2S and Cost component structure is M2

We need to update the company (1500) with the new cost component and price determination 3S. We are doing also some Sales order stock.

When I read OSS note 434873 - Actl cost component split - cost component structure change, SAP recommends to delete CKMLKEV entries with report MLCCS_DELETE and creating for prior month, actual month and prior month of last year with MLCCS_STARTUP.

In the past (another customer), I did by another way.

I update OKTZ with the new cost component structure, adjust the transfer structure between old one and new one and fixed the date of the new one at first day of the month;

Like OSS note recommends, do all the tasks on the prior month (close process order, settle it, no WIP) calculate and marked costing price ... but we don't delete entries into table CKMLKEV because we have a mapping between old Cost component Structure and new one.

Just run report MLCCS_STARTUP in the new month.

Other question, in your opinion at what time is better to change the price determination (2S -> 3S) After report MLCCS_STARTUP ? or before ?

Thanks for your answer.

Of course if it's not clear don't hesitate to say it.

Best regards,

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In my views...

1. Your option is ok...

"

In the past (another customer), I did by another way.

I update OKTZ with the new cost component structure, adjust the transfer structure between old one and new one and fixed the date of the new one at first day of the month;

Like OSS note recommends, do all the tasks on the prior month (close process order, settle it, no WIP) calculate and marked costing price ... but we don't delete entries into table CKMLKEV because we have a mapping between old Cost component Structure and new one.

Just run report MLCCS_STARTUP in the new month.

2.  " Other question, in your opinion at what time is better to change the price determination (2S -> 3S) After report MLCCS_STARTUP ? or before ?"

...Before.. but completing all period end activities of prior month

...also see the comments from others

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

1. It's not a good idea to take that way.

First, not only table CKMLKEV is relevant.

All entries in the tables CKMLPRKEKO, CKMLPRKEPH and CKMLKEPH. The cost

component split of the production order history, table MLAUFKEPH, are deleted by MLCCS_RESET.

If you do your way, when there are postings to previous period, or order settlement to previous period, there will be error.

The simple way is to add new cost components, not modifying existing ones. With this, you don't have to do any conversion and you can retain the history data.

If you have to modify the existing cost components, the only perfect way is to do as per NOTE 434873. But history data will be lost.

2. It's clearly indicated in NOTE 384553:

"If you change the price determination control from 2 to 3, the system creates information for the current and previous period and the last period of the previous year only. The same applies to the initialization of the actual cost component split."

So I think it's not important to do CKMM before or after, since anyway, the cost component split will be refreshed.

Best Regards,

Owen