cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR 2013 Report with Stored Procedure sf.com no longer working

0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently upgraded to CR2013 from CR2011 and now many of my reports with stored procedure tables no longer display the data. I get a message that the table isn't found, when the table does show up on the list. I have tried to set the new location, but still not showing up. I run it in CR2011 and I am not getting any issue. I also tried creating a new report with just the stored procedure table and no data is showing up. Please advise.  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angelica

Please see if the following KBA helps:

2067003 - When creating a new report based on Salesforce.com Stored Procedure, CR2013 crashes

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

0 Kudos

Thanks, but where can i find the service packs for 2013? I have the link for 2008 & 2011.

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main_public.htm

0 Kudos

Also, I just downloaded this software. The about section shows I have Support Pack 4. The link you provided says i need:  Update your Crystal reports and BusinessObject Business Intelligence Platform server to a SP03 Patch 07 where the issue is fixed.

Can you please send a link to the patch. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Just downloaded 2013 SP05, but still getting the same error, table not found.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angelica

Please enter the search string 'crystal salesforce' into the search box in the top right corner. You will get a number of KBAs and other resources. See if any of those help.

- Ludek

0 Kudos

This is the error I am getting

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Angelica, but I'm a bit confuse as in the OP you say:

now many of my reports with stored procedure tables no longer display the data. I get a message that the table isn't found, when the table does show up on the list

But now it looks like you are getting an actual error when trying to connect to salesforce(?).

I need to which it is, or the sequence in order to start looking for a solution. As it is, I'm all over the place with no starting point.

- Ludek

0 Kudos

Oops! Sorry I wasn't clear.  Here is more information, hope this helps.

Installed New Crystal 2013 SP4

Right out of the box, new/full  install --When i run existing crystal reports I get the message that the table isn't found and if I would like to remove the table. It will allow me to run the report, but will return a blank report.

To troubleshoot, I created a new blank report and added just that one table(that wasn't found but it is there in the list of tables) from the stored procedure table list and that is when I received the error about the database connector.

Removed Crystal 2013 SP4 and Installed Crystal 2013 SP5 -- same issue.

Troubleshoot#2 Created a new table under stored procedure with just two fields alpha-numberic to make sure no special char. were causing errors. Still received database connector error.

All signs point to the new simba driver, Is there something special i need to make sure I have installed now that crystal changed to a new driver??

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Angelica,

This is known defect of the Simba driver and has been fixed already in the latest Patch -

Support Pack 05 Patch 1. You just need one more step - to apply Patch 1

Vitaly

0 Kudos

No luck, I am getting the same error messages as before. What are my options here?

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Angelica,

There were two escalations related to Stored Procedures in SFDC:

1. Standard Stored Procedures are not visible in Database Expert. It was fixed in SP05

Internal SAP Note 2054804

It was fixed in SP05

2. No data returned when reporting off Salesforce.com Stored Procedures in Crystal Reports

Internal SAP Note 2090347

It was fixed in

SP04 Patch 6

SP05 Patch1

SP06

The resolution was tested and confirmed by my colleague, but I will test it myself and will update here.

Few questions for you:

1. What is the version number your Crystal Reports designer currently shows?

2. Do you see all standard and custom Stored Procedures?

3. Are you getting data with Standard Stored Procedures?

It could be a new defect and I would need more info to reproduce the issue and get it fixed.

Thanks,

Vitaly 

0 Kudos

1. What is the version number your Crystal Reports designer currently shows?

2. Do you see all standard and custom Stored Procedures? Yes.

3. Are you getting data with Standard Stored Procedures? Yes and No. I created a table under stored procedures with just one field to test it and I am able to select browse data and see just some of the data, but when I move the field over and run the report I get the "Failed to retrieve data from the database" followed by the Database connector error and a blank report. 

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Angelica,

I've reproduced the exact behavior on my test environment!

Got the same errors if I set "Perform Query Asynchronously" in  File > Options > Database tab for a new report

or

in File > Report Options for an existing SP report.

That could be the cause.

Hope it helps,

Vitaly

Solution will be documented in SAP KBA 2127029 - Crystal Reports 2013 fails to
connect to Salesforce.com stored procedure
. (will be released today)