cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text ID is cross-client

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When we configure a new Text ID, then it is created in all clients. Why?

Examples of objects created only in the Golden client (and not cross-client) are price condition type, output condition type etc.

Thanks!

TW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting question and not sure whether my response is correct or not.

The underlying table TTXID which stores the text ID details, does not contain client as field. I think this is the reason why it is not client-specific table.

Whereas for example the table T685A, which holds condition types has field MANDT (data type CLNT - client) as one of the mandatory fields. Hence it is more of client specific.

I wish to hear from other experts so that I can also get clarification.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva,

Thanks for your post! I was thinking that a functional reason dictates if Text ID (or access sequence or pricing condition type or output type) is client specific or not. And this manifest in field MANDT included or not included at table level and not the other way round.

TW

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Never thought in that direction. Thanks for bringing this to forum. Meanwhile I tried to go through the SAP KBA and found one interesting note 548517  - FAQ: Text determination in SD I             Wondering whether the below mentioned narration has some relevance for this.

2. Question: What must I bear in mind when creating text types?

Answer: The text ID can only contain characters with an ASCII code less than or equal to 127.

(Reason: The text IDs are used for the structure (node key) of the tree control in documents (such as the sales order).  Refer to Note 690854).

Lets wait for others comment.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade