cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA alerts related to password expiry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I have a query, if suppose we get the alerts for the technical users like _SYS_* users for example _SYS_EPM that password is going to expire. What action do we have to take is it ok to ignore the alerts or else do we need to take an action regarding the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume that you hit this issue with SPS 08. The password check was too strict, with SPS 09 you should no longer face this issue.

It is indeed not possible to adjust this setting for internal users and so it is normal that you receive an error. Expirations of passwords of internal users have no practical effect as there will never be an external connect with these users.

What you can generally do in case of unwanted alerts: Adjust the related statisticsserver thresholds or disable the related statisticsserver check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Guten Tag!

Finally have got the response from you, thanks so much for the information.

The problem here is that we get the alerts and its sent out to lot of people, its very annoying to give an explanation regarding the alerts.

Martin can we disable the alert just for the three users for which we are getting an alert. is it a feasible option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standardized way to influence the alert checks apart from disabling them and adjusting the alert thresholds. So I regret that you either have to accept the irritating warning, disable the alert or upgrade to SPS 09.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why cant we remove those three mail ID's from the alert configuration in HANA Studio. In this way they will not recive the alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

When p517710 sap basis mentions "three users" he means the internal SAP HANA users and not the e-mail recipients (that's at least what I understood).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

You know what i think, bingo.

I was talking about the internal users and you have rightly pointed out the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavan,

If you read my query again, i was talking about the _SYS* users i am not sure what are you referring to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Your team gave a new store procedure for the alert checker where we filter out for the _SYS* users.

We are contemplating as to change the source code or else alerting mechanism where we send the data from the statistics server tables.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please refer to this note 1702224

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash,

Its not valid for internal users.

ALTER USER <technical-user-name> DISABLE PASSWORD LIFETIME

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying to disable the password check, it says that alter of internal user not allowed.