cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BOMBOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can someone help me to understand what is the use of SAP BOMBOS.

Thanks,

Sac

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sac,

it is used especially in product compliance scenarios to generate a bill of substance out of a bill of material in which you can go down to the substances level contained in a material/component to make sure the whole BOM is compliant with legal mandates like RoHS and other substance level compliance mandates.

Bill of Material Transfer - SAP Product and REACH Compliance - SAP Library

This transfer of BOMs can be from within SAP ERP or from a legacy PDM tool.

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulf. I am assuming this 'Bill of Substance' you mentioned is different from Standard Composition. Is  Bill of Substance simply the structure of Real Substance Specs linked to BOM Components. Am I correct??.

Thanks,

Sac

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

every BOM component itself gets to be spec with related compliance and other "attributes", and lower level specs for the substances are enriching the bill of substance.

See also the link I provided:

The system creates the individual specifications and interlinks them bidirectionally with the material master data record, retaining the structure of the BOM. For each product (part) that is supplied, an own supplier-specific external specification is created. Likewise, for each product (part) that is produced in different plants, an own plant-specific specification is created. You can also create a supplier-dependent specification for each supplier in this way.

Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

I have one question. When using BOMBOS where in config

can I define for which MM Material Type should generate which

EHS MATCAT. Where can I define the Mapping. For example MM

'FERT' should generate EHS MATCAT 'PRODUCT' during BOMBOS.

Thanks,

Sachin

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I unfortunately can not answer this one. I am not into the configuration details.

Hope the community can.

Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem Ulf. I have one more question. For Recipe Management/Development I have mostly used REAL_SUB even for a product like Shampoo. In SAP I find a new Spec Type '

MAT_PART (with description as PRODUCT). What is this particular Spec Type used for.

Thanks,

Sachin

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, I am not an expert in this area.

Please post this question in the SAP EH&S Management community.

http://scn.sap.com/community/ehs-management

Ulf.

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sachin,

I never seen any company with Recipe Dev uses the MAT_PROD, technically (best of my knowledge) this is used in the discrete industry and especially in Electronic industries.

--

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly Tarun. That's my experience also.

Still wanted to confirm.

Thanks,

Sachin

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What exactly you are looking for ?

I mean, where it is used ? and why ?

--

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin

check:

You must first specify which "BOM BOS" version you would like to use than somebody can help. The available lists of BOM BOS "versions"are listed in the document.

C.B.

PS: Pay attention that you do not mix BOM BOS solutions with "Recipe" solutions of SAP. These are mentioned here: