Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control table level access

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Is there a way to control table level access?  For example instead of allowing a power user to select from entire schema I want to only allow them to select from a few tables.  I thought I read about this somewhere but can't seem to find any information on this.  Essentially I have power users that are validating views that we modelers have developed and want to be able to run SQL against the source tables to understand the underlying data and test.  But we don't want to give them free reign to query every table in the default schema.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find a description of this kind of GRANT commands in the SAP HANA SQL reference:

GRANT - SAP HANA SQL and System Views Reference - SAP Library

GRANT <object_privilege> ON <object_name> TO <grantee>

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok thanks Martin!  Now I can imagine it could become very confusing whom has access to which tables if I start doing this.  Is it possible to grant to a role somehow instead of specific users (GRANTEE)?

-Patrick

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhh I think I can indeed and will experiment with it... per the document;

GRANT is used to grant privileges and structured privileges to users and roles. GRANT is also used to grant roles to users and other roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right - a <grantee> can be both a user and a role. SQL: "HANA_Security_GrantedRolesAndPrivileges" (SAP Note 1969700) can be helpful to understand the direct and indirect assignments. You can configure the "Modification section" of this command based on your needs.

Answers (0)