cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required on JDBC data structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have read many blogs regarding the use of JDBC adapter. All of them have specified the use of data structure something as follows:

VendorDB_DT

STATEMENT

Vendor_Master

action

access

VendorNumber

Street

etc

What is the logic behind using only this type of data structure?What do each one of them mean? Is it not possible to integrate by using a simpler data structure?

Please suggest me the necessary links.

Regards

V.Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kartik....the purpose is to reproduce a SQL XML structure...pls read this bolg....

it may be helpful

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandra,

But this time the same problem persists for test..should i remove test? and replace that with table?

Regards

V.Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I have created a data structure as you guys suggested in the following format.

DATA_JDBCRECEIVER
>>STATEMENTNAME
>>>>TEST
              action(attribute,string,optional)
              EmpDetails(My database table name)
>>>>>>access
              EMPID
              EMPNAME
              EMPAGE
              FLAG

First of all I am still not sure why I created statement name and test? I just created it because it is asked to do so. Secondly, is the data structure correct?

Now my sender data structure is somewhat like this:(File format)

DATA_FILERECEIVER
              EMPID
              EMPNAME
              EMPAGE
              FLAG

In message mapping I have mapped the respective columns ie EMPID to EMPID etc. on doing that IR shows a red icon on EmpDetails(table name). I cannot map it to anything. Please tell me where my mistake is

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please change the name Empdetails to TABLE and map the constant to TABLE node and in constant (double click) enter the table name.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

<i>What is the logic behind using only this type of data structure?What do each one of them mean? Is it not possible to integrate by using a simpler data structure?</i>

See the structure ,

should contain the SQL statement format , i mean like ,

Message type name

statement ,

Name

action -- here we need to map "INSERT / SELECT / DELETE / UPDATE / UPDATE_INSERT / EXECUTE"

table : -- here we need to give the receiver side database table name

access -- here no need to map , but under this the table structure should be here.

fields..

The access element contains the table columns which are to be accessed.

It must be specified as the first element.

Key :

The key elements describe a condition for access. like primary keys

If no such elements are specified, access proceeds without any conditions.

In the case of UPDATE and DELETE, this can lead to the entire table being updated or deleted respectively

see the below link to more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Chilla