cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.30 Rev 10 not booting txt.sap normally (MAC os Yosemite)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the normal procedure to entering the g1 portal of my company is enter through the website ,download the SAP erp system start up and it will automatically download a txt.sap files to boot up the SAP logon automatically on windows . but recently i changed my laptop from windows laptop to macbook non-retina mid 2010 , and it does not boot .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just wanna access my company's SAP travel expense manager to do claims actually , not to do developing work. i can access the SAP GUI 7.30 Rev 10 normally , but cant access my company's SAP which is supposedly booted from the company's website .

Thanks,

julian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your company's website is meant to give you access to SAP and it doesn't, you need to take that up with whoever set that up on your company's website. I really don't think we can help with that, I'm afraid. The mechanism you are describing is not something I've ever seen before, so I'm fairly sure it isn't a standard way to implement SAPgui. You need to speak to the people who did that.

If you have a SAPgui installed already, then you should just need the connection details for you company's SAP system - host name, system number, and maybe logon group. If you have those, then you can configure your local SAPgui yourself. Again you need to ask locally for those details but once you have them we can help with the SAPgui config.

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like a question for your local IT support people. SAPgui 7.30 does run on Yosemite, but the process you are describing doesn't sound like the standard way of starting it so you are going to have to ask locally for help.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the IT guys cant figure it out ,

do you think probably it has something to do with the g1 portal not supporting Mac OS ? maybe i can use another program to boot up txt.sap file ? i am the only one in the company using a macbook , help is needed!! . thanks in advance .Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the g1 portal? What's the txt.sap file? None of that is part of the standard way to run SAPgui as far as I know. I'm not sure anybody here is going to be able to help with this, as we don't know enough about your IT setup.

Are you able to do a standalone install of SAPgui on your Mac, rather than going through this "normal" procedure? If you can do that, we can help you.

Steve.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

If you are the only one using MacOS, and the standard is Windows, it is highly unlikely that your company's portal-based solution is optimized or perhaps even compatible with Macs. If you must use a Mac, you might want to look into setting up a Windows VM, either with VMware or Parallels, for running your business applications like SAPGUI.

Otherwise, as Steve suggested, you would probably do better to manually install your own standalone SAPGUI for Java for MacOS.

Regards,

Matt