cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically update exchange rate field in MIR7 (INVFO-KURSF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm blocked trying to find a way to automatically update the exchange rate at MIR7 time.

Actually we store an hedging rate in the sales contract (specific field) for shipment costs.

When creating shipment costs document I use an exit to replace standard exchange rate by the specific one (from sales contract). Everything works fine for budgeted costs but when we enter carrier invoice in MIR7 I also have to update exchange rate (INVFO-KURSF) with the specific rate from sales contract.

Could you give me some clue to update that field using an exit or BADI?

The process would be, when going to MIR7, user enters a currency different from company's currency (In background the system gets exchange rate from OB08 and fills in INVFO-KURSF).

User then goes to enter carrier vendor code and select shipments concerned by the invoice.

At that time, a specific program has to get specific hedging rate stored in related sales contract and replace standard rate in field INVFO-KURSF.

BADI INVOICE_UPDATE doesn't change any data.

I didn't find the way to do it with BADI_FDCB_SUBBAS04...

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Anthony    

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your information, I found a solution.

At time of shipment costs generation (VI01), the exchange rate used is the one entered in the associated sales order (VA02, Additionnal data B in sales order header). Shipment costs are displayed in foreign currency.

The shipment costs purchase order is created using shipment cost item currency and checkbox "Fixed rate" is ticked.

The FI doc for shipment cost accrual is then created in PO's currency and it uses the associated hedging rate to convert to company's currency.

At billing time (MIR7/MIRO), you only have to specify the currency in which you enter the carrier invoice and to call the shipment number corresponding to the received invoice. The system will then retrieve accruals with the hedging rate coming from sales order. So it’s not needed to change it manually in MIR7 anymore.

BR

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

my sincere congratulations then!

in my case the scope was wider, it was supposed to work for all cases/combinations

(whenever/wherever).

And the value invfo-kursf came from an RFC f.m.

And it was a nightmare/ordeal. My hair didn' t turn gray but was close to.

Just wanted to warn you (and anybody facing something similar) of the perils ahead.

Best regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

i´ve faced/suffered this problem some years ago and i really do not advise you to fall in the same trap as i did.

It is possible to do that but it requires a huge amount of work and you will never be free of problems again.

If someone requests this modification from a developer i must say that it is not a true professional and that it has taken the easy way out deriving the problem to the developer.

Could you please tell him/her/them to convince me of the necessity of this development?

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

With my above explanation, do you understand the requirement? Do you still consider there is no other way but to use the standard exchange rate?

Thank you.

BR,

Anthony

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

believe me i DO know what´s behind MIR7 transaction and Invoice verification too.

Just search my questions/answers here in SCN,

Redirecting...

or even this wiki:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Display+customer+fields+in+header+of+logistics+invoice...

I´ve had an awful time trying to fulfill a requirement very similar to yours.

When someone proposes a development like this it reveals a total lack of knowledge

of what MIRO,MIR7, MIR4, MR8M and Invoice Verification are.

Someone has not done it´s job and it is not you.

Best regards.

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if documents are not posted the very same day that they are "saved as complete" what about exchange rate differences to say the least?

How is the system going to know that the exchange rate of the system is then not to be considered?

Many questions like these arise...

An the solution is not a modification of the standard.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

MIR7 is for parking of invoice .

what is your local currency , and exchange rate you have update in OB08

can you please share screen shot.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually we have a requirement when we sign a sales contract in a foreign currency (local currency EUR) we declare an hedging rate for sales invoices and an hedging rate for freight costs (specific field in Additional data B).

The above rate is used in VF01 for sales invoice instead of the one coming from OB08.

Specific exchange rate for freight costs:

The above rate is used in shipement cost documents (VI01).

We also need to use it at MIR7 time so that budgeted costs (VI01) match invoiced costs.

Thanks.

Anthony