Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger output as a mail in sales order change only

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to send the output through mail once we save the change order (VA02).

We do no require output in VA01, output should trigger in VA02 only.

Please provide some inputs, how can we achieve the requirement.

Thank in advance,

Regards,

SS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In configuration set up for that output type, there would be a field "Change Output" which you need to explore.  Read the documentation by pressing F1 and proceed accordingly as I dont have access to SAP now

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Did you ask me to check " can not be changed " in general data of output condition table.

This option Indicates whether the output may be changed manually during processing.

Thanks,

SS

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the more details regarding requirement. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Business process: order - delivery - billing - Returns request

When the business reject the line items with reason of rejection ( VA02 ), output should be sedn to customer as a Email.

We have done configuration, Email functionality working fine in VA01,output generated ( time stamp 16:00),generated Email, checked in SOST, but our requirement is it should work in VA02 only .

VA02, we reject line item with reason of rejection , then saving the order , output did not generate. we can see the same output ( which is generated in VA01 at 16:00 ).

I have 2 queries here.

1. how we can control / generate/restrict  output at VA02 only , not at VA01 ?

2. In my case, output is triggered at VA01 level , why it is not triggered automatically when we save order with reason of rejection (VA02 )?

Thanks,

SS

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Since the output is already processed when you saved the initial order after creation the output is not getting triggered again.

I guess you need to use some user exit which will re trigger the output while saving the order in change mode.

I am not sure about the user exit, however you can carry out a research on the same.

Regards,

Naveen K.

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thank you. will check with Abaper.Will get back if we get any solution.

Thanks,

SS

somnath
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh - Did you check the requirement routine approach, may be this can help you.

You might need to create a new VOFM routine and assign that to procedure level. Now in side that routine you can check the transaction mode and depending on this set the SY-SUBRC value.

If when create => set SY-SUBRC <> 0 => Results NOT to assign the output type

When change se => SY-SUBRC = 0 => Results assign the output type.

If require you can take help from an ABAPer.

Hope this helps.

- Thanks , Somnath

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you Lakshmipathi, Naveen , Somnath for your time and help.

We got solution for this , just want update this one here.

we have created routine , assigned to output type.

Each time sales order updated with reason of rejection , email successfully send to customer.

Thanks,

SS

Answers (0)